Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The Big Bang Theory. James Earl Jones guest stared. Man, can he be funny or what? Carrie Fisher also had a bit part, one line, but it was really funny!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Secrets of the Manor House! Hard to believe people lived like that! WWI was instrumental in ending it. Also, interesting that Americans were the ones who saved many of those grand estates.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I have always enjoyed the stammarings of Bob Newhart. He is a greatly underappreciated comedian.
:D
Once the series ends, we will probably start it over.
But this time I'll skip a few episodes, such as the ones with Carol's boyfriend where he complains a lot.
I hated that character.
More Carlin, that's what I say. :D

Secrets of the Manor House! Hard to believe people lived like that! WWI was instrumental in ending it. Also, interesting that Americans were the ones who saved many of those grand estates.

From our perspective today, it is amazing. But what is also amazing is not simply that they had so many servants, but that "being in service" was a career with an honor and dignity associated with it that we usually think of for professional careers today. Rising to butler in a large house gave you status and position. In a world of less automation, few career options, etc. - it served a purpose for a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marco21