Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Between the heat and the bugs, I was forced inside tonight, so American Restorer. I can't believe what they got to restore the Shriner mini bike!

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Over the last week, I caught up on the first season of the Showtime series Masters of Sex. For once, a premium cable series where the sex scenes aren't just there for gratuitous thrills!

I was quite impressed, though I must admit that the show isn't quite up at the Mad Men-brilliant level - some of the subplots go nowhere, some of the supporting characters aren't so well-drawn or very interesting. But the late-fifties costume and set stylization is very good, the lead performances by Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan (who's long deserved an important starring role) are excellent, and some of the subplot characters are great. (An older couple with serious issues played by Beau Bridges and Allison Janney in particular. She just won a Critics Choice Award for best guest actress in a series that's richly deserved: it's a heartbreaking performance.) Like all shows set in the past, some of the attitudes and dialog ring false (e.g., nobody said "heavy" to mean serious before the late sixties!) and the show sometimes strongly overplays its values-dissonance card, trying to shock us with how ignorant people were about sex, how limited women's roles were then, etc.

But overall, I definitely liked it, and I'm psyched that the second season begins in a couple of weeks.

Greyryder

One of the Regulars
Mountain Monsters: Uncaged.

Monsters all have have perfectly flat foot bottoms. These tracks are totally not faked. :lol:

DavidJones

One of the Regulars
Alec Guinness in the BBC "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" what a great story and production. No I want to see "Smiley's people".

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I miss Are You Being Served. Our local PBS brings it back just long enough to enjoy it, then takes it off again. :mad:
Mae, I'll tell you a secret as long as you don't tell anyone else...
I watch AYBS on Youtube. :D
All 10 seasons are on there.
I have a PS3, and run it on my tv via the device.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Gamboa vs. Warren on HBO... My God what a knock down, drag out, old school brawl that was. Ended with a wicked right upper cut in the 10th canto... Brilliant!!!!!! Impetuous!!!! Homeric!!!!

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken