Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

earl

A-List Customer
Careful now I grew up in the land of cheap, available fortified wines.

Kid Stuff...
Boones Farm
Ripple.
Bali High
Yago Sangria.

Tougher..
Cold Duck
Scuppernog
Night Train.

Bottom Rung Wino Juice...

Wild Irish Rose.
Swissup
Tango

Worst of the lot
Mogen David 20 20 or as we affectionately referred to it "Mad Dog 20 20"
Sterno or "squeeze"

There class is concluded for the day.

Worf
We must be of the same generation. Those names are a blast out my adolescence. :D Earl

...There's a tenant of Game Theory that the "power of the crowd watching the crowd seeing something" is one of the most powerful emotional forces in human society (which is why things like coronations and hangings have traditionally been public events with large crowds - seeing the crowd emphasizes the importance of the event to the crowd). I think we like knowing others - somewhere - are watching with us.
That's the funny thing about crowds. If you have a big crowd, a lot of people show up for it; small crowd, nobody shows up.

:D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
DH...Mad Dog Orange Jubilee. :spit:

The Bob Newhart Show, season 6.
Mr. Peterson moves out, and stays with Elliott Carlin, until Carlin sobers up. :D

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Binge Binging "Orange is the New Black" - Well, I thought after HBO's OZ... that nothing more need be said about prisons... male or female.. Man was I wrong!!!!! Complex characters... long, deep character development... The only ones worth being around are those inmates just this side of crazy. As usual ALL the men are pathetic pieces of loose stool droppings... Sigh....

Worf

Binge Binging "Orange is the New Black" - Well, I thought after HBO's OZ... that nothing more need be said about prisons... male or female.. Man was I wrong!!!!! Complex characters... long, deep character development... The only ones worth being around are those inmates just this side of crazy. As usual ALL the men are pathetic pieces of loose stool droppings... Sigh....

Worf

Glad you like it - I agree with all you said (the long-deep character development is incredibly thoughtfully done and is what makes the show so rich). My girlfriend and I are trying to save a few episodes so that we know we have something we will enjoy watching (but it's hard to do as we want to watch them all now). While he's done some really bad things, maybe (only maybe) the guard with the white hair (I'm bad with remembering names) is going to grow into being a better person - I think he is trying, but not yet succeeding.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Gerry Anderson's Stingray.
I've seen Thunderbirds Are Go, but never the Stingray series. .
For me, it a fascination with the detail of the entire set, from vehicles, to instruments, furniture, and clothing.
All in miniature.
I can see why he only did one season though, just the sheer work involved in one episode must have been mindboggling.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Glad you like it - I agree with all you said (the long-deep character development is incredibly thoughtfully done and is what makes the show so rich). My girlfriend and I are trying to save a few episodes so that we know we have something we will enjoy watching (but it's hard to do as we want to watch them all now). While he's done some really bad things, maybe (only maybe) the guard with the white hair (I'm bad with remembering names) is going to grow into being a better person - I think he is trying, but not yet succeeding.

Well I've not seen any evidence (Episode 2, Season 2) of Healy's redemption but who knows. I'm enjoying it thus far and now Netflix has these 3 to 5 minute in depths with the central characters so things are even more evolved. I like seeing the back stories of people. No one wakes up and say's, "you know.. today I'll go to jail". Nice to see that explored and developed.

Worf

Feraud

Bartender

Worf
This is one of my wife's t.v. picks. It's not a bad show at all. The writers have developed some very good characters.
Oddly enough, the main character Piper Chapman appears to have absolutely no redeeming qualities about her. Her back story did nothing to garner sympathy or understanding.
I've been waiting and wishing she's received that well deserved shanking and be done with her. The show wouldn't suffer one bit.
Btw, a few scenes are filmed in our area of Astoria, Queens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82