Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I recall "Bless Me Father", set just after the war, but it was set in England.

Ballykissangel also has a young priest arriving in a small village set in Ireland, but it was set in the present (i.e. the time it was made, late 90s as I recall).

Then, of course, there's Father Ted...

Thanks. I see full episodes are available on You Tube. I especially liked the one where the little girl went in for confession and the old priest listened to her. When asked what sins she had committed, she said things like, I fornicated, and committed adultery! The whole time, the priest is saying, "do tell!" Of course, she committed non of those sins, she was just trying to connect words to her little sins like taking cake with out permission! It had me rolling, it was so funny!

The wife insisted we sign up with Netflix a couple of weeks ago, so I spent a few nights this week getting caught up on season four of Longmire. If I didn't know better I'd swear they got a new writing staff when Netflix started producing the show after A&E cancelled it, because this season had a very different "vibe" to it, and in a few episodes Sheriff Longmire seemed to solve the "crime of the week" out of thin air. [huh]

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Doctor Who, Before the Flood. Part 2 (Episode 4) in Season 9. I'm liking Peter Capaldi more and more as The Doctor. Looking forward to tonights Episode "The Girl Who Died", written by Jamie Mathieson and Steven Moffat.

Cheers!

Dan

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Secrets of the Dead: The Real Trojan Horse. [video=youtube;cv6nX81FLHw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv6nX81FLHw[/video]

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"The Walking Dead" - Best episode since they ravaged Terminus. Carroll for President! That woman is 100% badass! Put in a casserole, set the timer for 45 minutes, almost single handedly wipe out 2 dozen marauding savages before the timer dings! Encroyable!

Worf

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
TWD episode 2. Redeems itself from one of its most stupid episodes. I need to rewatch that dingbat episode, because I thought Morgan was with the group doing the silly thing. I seem to remember Rick sending him back? The thing is, is that Lennie James doesn't strike me as the most fleet-footed of body types. He has knock-knees (genu valgum) and an odd gate. Now, had Glenn be sent back, I can see him making it in time. I'm grateful they didn't have the woman scarred to death at the arsenal shooting someone by accident because they opened the doors. A lot of shows would do that rote.

Fargo episode 2. This cast. Bokeem Woodbine is awesome.

Life in Pieces. Good, solid humor. The skunk exterminator/bathroom scene was hilarious.

Indian Summers. I'm not sure I like where they're going. Good show.

The ba***rd Executioner. NAY.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Arrow" - Sucked into this tween soap opera on a binge watch... Oh the hours I've wasted. "I love you, you hate me, I love your sister, I hate you too, I love you now but must not love you because superhero girlfriends git kilt with regularity". Sigh....

Worf

"Arrow" - Sucked into this tween soap opera on a binge watch... Oh the hours I've wasted. "I love you, you hate me, I love your sister, I hate you too, I love you now but must not love you because superhero girlfriends git kilt with regularity". Sigh....

Worf

There's a softy buried underneath that gruff, Superhero-watching exterior. Mind you, I am throwing rocks out of my glass house, as a few years ago, my girlfriend and I binge watched three or so years of "Gossip Girl," and figured out at the end of it that the answer to this question: "did they sleep together" (referring to any two characters) is always "yes." That said, we were always rooting for a few of the "good" ones to get together and be happy - I am not proud of myself.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
There's a softy buried underneath that gruff, Superhero-watching exterior. Mind you, I am throwing rocks out of my glass house, as a few years ago, my girlfriend and I binge watched three or so years of "Gossip Girl," and figured out at the end of it that the answer to this question: "did they sleep together" (referring to any two characters) is always "yes." That said, we were always rooting for a few of the "good" ones to get together and be happy - I am not proud of myself.

"Softy"? Grrrr.... My first secretary called me a "big old teddy bear" all growl and no bite! Dagnabit!

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken