Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
First 2 episodes of "The Flash". As anyone can tell you I'm a Marvel man but so far I think it's pretty good not "Daredevil" good but it'll do till more episodes of that show up. I gave up on Green Arrow after 2 episodes... but I kinda like this kid.

Worf

I've enjoyed The Flash all along. Unlike all the other DC superhero projects underway now, the show doesn't aim for grim-and-gritty "real world" seriousness, and instead embraces the inherent goofiness of its story/situation. It's FUN, which is something sadly lacking from most "serious" superhero stories, and while it's updated for today's audience, it does a good job of respecting the great history of the Flash and his supporting characters. The cast is charming, the effects effective, and the show continues to surprise me.

No, it's not in the same league as Daredevil. But it's better than Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Gotham. (For the record: I also never warmed to Arrow. And I don't think The Flash is "better" than Agent Carter... but I adore Peggy and the forties setting too much to be even vaguely rational about that one.)

My only real complaint in the first season was that the show never escaped the beautiful-youngsters-in-romantic-triangles branding of The CW. That melodrama hobbles the show, and its handling of the Iris character is a messy embarrassment that takes much too long to straighten out. But things are looking up in season 2!

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Indian Summers. I enjoy this, but I wish we were going somewhere more quickly. Not for the pace to change, but fewer elusive cuts and more meat to the story. It spends a lot of time adding little to the established story. Another program that has enough material for a few episodes but needs to drag it into a full season?

The Walking Dead season opener. I didn't see that situation coming. Kind of a strange episode. Glad it's back, but it felt more like a gift to the special effects and CGI teams than anything else. I'm sort of not buying into the idea that Rick would so suddenly be accepted as the community leader, especially after he shot one of their own, regardless of whether the guy deserved it or not. Anyone else not that interested in Rick's character? They never fully lose me, but it's been a while since I found him a great leading character. I'm honestly more interested in Glenn, and Glenn and Maggie, or Carol.

skydog757

A-List Customer
How To Get Away With Murder, the first season on Netflix. My wife and I didn't start to pay attention to this show until it was about 5-6 episodes in; we are currently on episode 8. We decided to take in the entire first season before we start to watch the new episodes which we are recording. Viola Davis is outstanding.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Four episodes of The IT Crowd. Thanks to Stearman for posting the above video. I'd never heard about this show before, but thankfully, it's on Netflix streaming!

Also watched an episode of River Monsters. Let's just say I'm very glad I do not live anywhere near a South American jungle.

PeterB

One of the Regulars
The last TV show I watched, apart from History Channel, was Four Start Players, with Dick Powell. Before that, a B/W Dragnet episode. I try to make it a rule never to watch anything made after 1970, but sometimes slip. Old Mannix episodes sometimes.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Worf, might I direct your attention to "What is the Last Movie..." thread as I just saw and posted about "The Subject Was Roses" and thought, Worf would like this movie and have an interesting perspective to share if he's seen it.

I saw it several years ago.... but the thread of the story has totally slipped off my plate. I'd have to re-watch it again to get the entire gist of your post. I know there was drama and great performances but that's about all I remember... By the mid 70's I was in uniform and saw very few films. I saw this later on T.V. (probably TCM) but for some reason it didn't stick.

Worf

I saw it several years ago.... but the thread of the story has totally slipped off my plate. I'd have to re-watch it again to get the entire gist of your post. I know there was drama and great performances but that's about all I remember... By the mid 70's I was in uniform and saw very few films. I saw this later on T.V. (probably TCM) but for some reason it didn't stick.

Worf

Thanks Friend - I saw it on TCM and think you will enjoy it if you get a chance to see it again.

Last edited:

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I'm serving with the NATO staff on board the Portugal Navy destroyer NPS Dom Francisco de Almeida during Exercise Joint Warrior. Naturally, the wardroom is watching How To Get Away With Murder.

Recorded on the Canadian network CTV.

By a Norwegian officer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken