Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

I am too, and I recorded it - what did you think of it / did they do a good job?
I thought so. I've seen several episodes, and they do a pretty good job of pacing the show and including a little humor so that they're able to explain where and how these words and phrases originated without dragging it out and having it become boring.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Best show on TV right now Fargo.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402852110.139628.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402852124.887875.jpg

It's not a limited series?
I think it was a 10-episode mid-season "test" to see how well it would do. It seems to have done pretty well, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the studio greenlight a second season.

By the way, not to burst anyone's bubble, but all of that "This is a true story" stuff is pure fiction in both the series and the 1996 movie on which it is based; none of it ever happened.

I think it was a 10-episode mid-season "test" to see how well it would do. It seems to have done pretty well, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the studio greenlight a second season.

By the way, not to burst anyone's bubble, but all of that "This is a true story" stuff is pure fiction in both the series and the 1996 movie on which it is based; none of it ever happened.

The Coen Brothers figured back in 1996 if it worked for Tobe Hooper with Texas Chainsaw Massacre, it might work for them with Fargo. A pretty smart ploy as for years people have thought both were true stories.
:D

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Same here! I am glad Tyrian Lannaster got his few last whacks in before leaving. Poor hound......

I don't know which of the Stark daughters is now the most dangerous... the stone cold killer no taller than my chest.... or the "femme fatale" that just blew Little Finger's mind. In a way The Hound was quite right... All the "honorable" or "soft" Starks are dead, crippled or lost.... They believed in a world of oaths and honor and mercy. Doesn't say much for Westeros (or anywhere).

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken