Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Bradley vs. Prolodnikev (sp) from 2013. My god what a knock down drag out fight from last year on HBO. They showed it in anticipation of Bradley Pacquio 2. As a veteran of the "Silver Age" of boxing this was one helluva a throwback fight. Ebb and flow and a knockdown in the last round. You couldn't ask for a better fight!!!! Catch it on re-broadcast you MMA cats, you'll see what boxing used to be!!!! Voted "Fight of the Year" last year for obvious reasons!!!!!

Worf

Bradley vs. Prolodnikev (sp) from 2013. My god what a knock down drag out fight from last year on HBO. They showed it in anticipation of Bradley Pacquio 2. As a veteran of the "Silver Age" of boxing this was one helluva a throwback fight. Ebb and flow and a knockdown in the last round. You couldn't ask for a better fight!!!! Catch it on re-broadcast you MMA cats, you'll see what boxing used to be!!!! Voted "Fight of the Year" last year for obvious reasons!!!!!

Worf

What boxing used to be seems so long ago and maybe it was. There used to be so many fighters at so many different weight classes who I followed zealously; nowadays, not so much. I don't know what is exactly missing, but it isn't there anymore.
:D

What boxing used to be seems so long ago and maybe it was. There used to be so many fighters at so many different weight classes who I followed zealously; nowadays, not so much. I don't know what is exactly missing, but it isn't there anymore.
:D

Same here TOE. I tried to watch Golden Boy boxing on occasion...but just couldn't get into it anymore. They ruined it when there became so many boxing organizations and different world champs. I lost track of just what was unified and what wasn't and then de-unified again. Then when they started biting ears off and old men winning..my interests began to wane. Pacquio drew some interest until there was such an issue with who would fight who..and who wouldn't. Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee had become a distant memory of the good ole days.
HD

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
A mini-marathon of Texas Car Wars. If I ever mention that I'm going to Texas to buy a used car, someone please remind me not to. :eusa_doh:
Yeah, I watched a few episodes because it had a model car I was interested in seeing.
Otherwise, this is almost cookie cutter to other shows on right now.

Except that, it seems, these garages specialize in cheap and substandard repairs more so than those featured on similar shows. Either that, or the other shows are better with smoke and mirrors. :D

I think it's the latter. You see this with car fixing shows, and especially with home improvement/remodeling shows. You'll see some guy buy a run down house, fix it then flip it. Except that none of his time and cost numbers come anywhere close to matching reality. You'll see something like this:

"We had to completely gut the kitchen down to the studs, fix the foundation, re-do all the plumbing, all new cabinets, new granite countertops and do the tile. We did it in 3 days for $3,500. It looks great and it increased the value of the house from $200,000 to $500,000."

Ummm...no.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Hawaii Five-O.

Geez, I am so sick of all the personal stories and the Bromance between McGarret and Dano. Give me the original where they actually solved crimes in each episode! I won't even mention the nasty stick chicks......
We quit watching the newer version after the first season.
The writing was good, but I guess we were hoping it would be in line with the original.
Although Grace Park isn't bad, I like her version of Kono better. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deuter