Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
They were still around causing Emergencies. They could have taken too much dope and needed an ambulance. They could have gotten stoned and walked onto a freeway by accident. Lots of reasons to decry hippies well beyond Dragnet. :p
Yeah but then it became Dr. Brackett's problem, and Rescue 51 went on to another call. ;)

W-D Forties

Practically Family
Just discovered Whitechapel recently. So far I've seen the Jack the Ripper episodes from Series 1 and I love how they named the characters after some of the people who were involved in the original Jack the Ripper investigation, particularly DI Chandler and Dr Llewellyn. One of the original investigators in 1888 was named Joseph Chandler and the doctor who performed the autopsy on Mary Ann Nichols, the first canonical victim, was also named Dr Llewellyn.

I missed the first series or so but have been converted by this (series 3 I think). It's turned into the X Files crossed with Angel Heart, but much weirder!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Been watching a lot of MeTV lately. If you haven't yet heard of it or don't get the channel in your area, it's all classic TV shows from the '50s, '60s, and '70s, 24 hours a day.

The only thing I watched on "MeTv" was the "Svengoolie Show" on Saturday nights. He's kinda funny. TWC switched their channel line AGAIN last Friday and guess what? No "MeTv" Sigh... I hate Time Warner!

Worf

rjb1

Practically Family
Those only watching cable at the moment may want to try to pick up some broadcast stations that aren't on cable.
We have a local broadcast station that sounds a lot like MeTV on cable, mentioned above.
The station here has three digital channels, with one devoted to relatively new series such as Magnum PI, Charley's Angels, etc. That one doesn't appeal to me very much but they do have some more-recent classic movies occasionally.
The second channel has comedies such as Burns & Allen, Red Skelton, Sid Caesar, Ozzie & Harriet, etc., Western series such as The Lone Ranger, The Cisco Kid, Roy Rogers, Annie Oakley, etc., and detective shows such as Dragnet, Gangbusters, Dick Tracy, etc. On Saturday morning they have several hours of classic cartoons, ending at 11:30 with "Howdy Doody".
The third channel is effectively TCM on the air, for free. It shows mostly 1930's and 1940's B&W movies, uncut and commercial free. The station owner is a classic-movie enthusiast and shows what he likes, in the way he would like to see them. Movies range from film noir to early Hitchcock to Dead End Kids. Some are classics and some are very obscure. (I keep two film reference books by my chair to look up what I am seeing.)
There are at least three other independent/non-cable stations that show some things worth watching in addition to their usual fare. One shows country music videos most of the time, but has a "Western Theater" on Saturday night which shows Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, John Wayne, etc. old-time westerns in a double feature.
I'm here and you're somewhere else, so your situation will be different, but it might be worth checking and see what is out there for free.
I got rid of cable some time ago and was worried that I wouldn't have enough TV to watch. After discovering the independent stations, I have more to watch than I have time for.

celestial

Familiar Face
Blackadder-Goes-Forth-british-comedy-11871854-400-300.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe