Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
It was natural though. She shot pretty good in The Blues Brothers too. :)

Watched 2 Brady Bunch episodes, one of them where Otis from Andy Griffith Show was Santa Claus, and the other one where Mrs Cunningham from Happy Days was a doctor along with the father from Dennis The Menace.

F
I was underwhelmed with the finale of The Walking Dead. After a season highlighting a major build-up of conflict and arms the big showdown was a let down!
It feels like the writers got sloppy and rushed the finale. My biggest gripe this season has been the constant bad display of physical conflict between the two groups. The conflicts are awful. Characters stand out in the open and are not picked off, characters who appear to have firearm proficiency are rendered ineffective to support the plot, shooting of firearms in confined spaces with no effect on hearing. The weapons that have no kick and semi-autos that don't appear to cycle a round. Ugh..

We too in the household of Toe felt the same as you about the finale as well the scenes of conflict and yet I enjoyed the episode. At some point I realized that I enjoy the show for what it does bring and for the most part overlook what I perceive as flaws. They still do this apocalyptic thing better than what the other networks have done and are miles ahead in entertaing me.
:D

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
"With his faithful Indian companion, Tonto, the daring and resourceful masked rider of the plains led the fight for law and order in the early West. Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear. The Lone Ranger rides again!"

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Of course you are right, we have to accept the bad with the good and suspend a certain part of belief when watching these programs.

Suspending belief in the world that is created is one thing, but plot holes large enough to drive a truck through is quite another. That's one of the frustrating things about the show, its well acted with great production values, but often there is some inane writing and horribly ignored obvious plot devices that are never utilized. Talk about not taking the low hanging fruit.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
"With his faithful Indian companion, Tonto, the daring and resourceful masked rider of the plains led the fight for law and order in the early West. Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear. The Lone Ranger rides again!"
Funny, when I was growing up, we all wanted to be Tonto! He was just a lot cooler then the masked man. And a loyal friend.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Big Bang Theory. Sheldon gets 11 kitty cats and names them after Manhattan Project scientists.
tumblr_l9zdmxti2v1qbcdk1.jpg
I am become Fluffy, destroyer of worlds.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Starting over with [size=+2]Mr. Poirot[/size]

[video=youtube;bqB2MS355A0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqB2MS355A0[/video]

Oh, and:
[size=-2]Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for fair use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.[/size]

Aristaeus

A-List Customer
Dragnet 1951.
Netflix has season one up but Fridays haircut and build kept changeing from episode to episode, so I did a little internet search and found out that the orig series ran from 51 to 59. Season one on netflix is a mix of these eight seasons.
[video=youtube;Hj-qhIGTXdU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj-qhIGTXdU[/video]

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Can't go wrong with Poirot. Why in the old days you had to wait for them to show it on PBS. Now you can just youtube it or watch it on Netflix. Much easier. :)

Starting over with [size=+2]Mr. Poirot[/size]

[video=youtube;bqB2MS355A0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqB2MS355A0[/video]

Oh, and:
[size=-2]Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for fair use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.[/size]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82