Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Watched a little of Richard Greene in the Adventures of Robin Hood

Then part one of a 2 part Untouchables. This one had a very young Lee Van Cleef and Claude Akins.

And as I type this, Flaherty on the Golf Channel (interviewing Paul Azinger)

rjb1

Practically Family
An very-early "Dragnet" - pre-Ben Alexander/Frank Smith... This one had Lee Marvin as a serial killer (~ a dozen murders). Marvin played it against his usual emotional style and was very quiet and mild-mannered. (He insisted on going to a vegetarian restaurant for lunch - ate yogurt and a veggie-burger...)
The creepy thing was that Marvin freely admitted all the killings and calmly talked about them at some length. The creepiness was compounded since he said something like: "You see in the movies that you murder people for a million dollars, or because of a beautiful dame. It's not like that at all - you just kill them. The last guy I killed had $18. I beat him to death with a 2x4."
Jack Webb and Lee Marvin face-to-face in an interrogation room. It just doesn't get better than that...

Did it look like Rick, Michonne, and Carl took enough weapons to take out Woodbury? I hope so!
The Governor needs a proper beating.
I noticed Michonne had a crossbow. Perhaps a gift for Daryl?

They took a lot but left way too much behind for my liking. I too noticed the crossbow, but still am not too fond of the crossbow as it is way slow in the reloading department.
:D

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Did it look like Rick, Michonne, and Carl took enough weapons to take out Woodbury? I hope so!
The Governor needs a proper beating.
I noticed Michonne had a crossbow. Perhaps a gift for Daryl?

This was my favorite episode since season 1.

In the comic, Michonne, Rick and Carl do quite a bit of traveling together, and in the show, that "I used to talk to my dead boyfriend" line was nearly a scene from the comic. Rick and Michonne pretty much have the same 'delusions' in that they know talking to dead people isn't real, but a coping mechanism. As for Morgan, this was a much more fitting end to him than in the comic. They actually do bring him with them, but he does not do much then he ends up dying as fodder so I liked this end to him much better. A lot of these story arcs happened after the prison in the comic, so Im thinking they are going to stay at the prison for a while.

As for the crossbow, if you watched the clip for the next episode, you see Daryl holding it.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Some Duck Dynasty, then that show on the History Channel where the guy is looking at "America's Stonehenge". Using Google maps some teenage boy figured out that there was a direct straight line from the site in New Hampshire to Stonehenge in England then on to Lebanon. And aliens weren't mentioned once. I was very proud of the folks at the channel.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I liked what I saw from The Bible, but I know there were noticeable cases of taking creative license in their approach. Aaron did not speak to the Pharaoh before Moses, for example. I will still see this min-series.

Feraud

Bartender
I predict he will be the first one to get it. :p
I don't know.. that kid is growing up fast and ruthless!

They took a lot but left way too much behind for my liking. I too noticed the crossbow, but still am not too fond of the crossbow as it is way slow in the reloading department.
:D
I also would have taken more gear. I like the quiet efficiency of the crossbow. :D

This was my favorite episode since season 1.

In the comic, Michonne, Rick and Carl do quite a bit of traveling together, and in the show, that "I used to talk to my dead boyfriend" line was nearly a scene from the comic. Rick and Michonne pretty much have the same 'delusions' in that they know talking to dead people isn't real, but a coping mechanism. As for Morgan, this was a much more fitting end to him than in the comic. They actually do bring him with them, but he does not do much then he ends up dying as fodder so I liked this end to him much better. A lot of these story arcs happened after the prison in the comic, so Im thinking they are going to stay at the prison for a while.

As for the crossbow, if you watched the clip for the next episode, you see Daryl holding it.
I didn't see Daryl holding the crossbow. I'm looking forward to the showdown.
It was good to see Michonne open up to Rick. This should let Rick know he isn't the only guy with problems and put Michonne on better footing with the group. She can be a great asset.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I also would have taken more gear. I like the quiet efficiency of the crossbow. :D

I didn't see Daryl holding the crossbow. I'm looking forward to the showdown.
It was good to see Michonne open up to Rick. This should let Rick know he isn't the only guy with problems and put Michonne on better footing with the group. She can be a great asset.

I look at what they left strategically. If they need more fire power (and quite frankly if they *did* loose and the Gov. did take all their gear because there are only 10+ of them, they will need more later) they have a stock pile that no one knows about being kept safe in the hands of a pseudo friend. They can't be greedy with someone else's weapons.

If you apply a patriarchy to the group dynamic, in the comic, Rick is king, and Michonne is basically his head knight. She even jokes about it a bit. They are basically friends in arms, so Im not too sure what they are doing to that relationship in the show, and it is one of the strongest relationships in the comic, ever. I can only hope they dont mess it up like they did with Tyresse. :(

What I'm interested in is the town army. The Gov. does recruit mothers and old people etc. by telling lies about Rick's group. In the comic, the Gov. wanted the prison specifically because of those gates. But it does not end well and there was a tank involved...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe