Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Switched over to The Walking Dead and Holy Cow!
:D

Meh.
I found it quite uneventful. I mean you can see where its going. Andrea redeemed herself with her Hershel talk. She's going to get Tyreese to join her, and the Gov.'s assistant (who will most likely die by season's end (three episodes left)) and they foil the Gov.'s plan.

What was good was the talk Daryl and Rodriguez had. That was cool.

I honestly think we are gonna loose Hershel, his daughter, maybe Carol, and possibly Merle.

Meh.
I found it quite uneventful. I mean you can see where its going. Andrea redeemed herself with her Hershel talk. She's going to get Tyreese to join her, and the Gov.'s assistant (who will most likely die by season's end (three episodes left)) and they foil the Gov.'s plan.

What was good was the talk Daryl and Rodriguez had. That was cool.

I honestly think we are gonna loose Hershel, his daughter, maybe Carol, and possibly Merle.

"Holy Cow!" was for the first few minutes where I was surprised to see Rick and the Gov. Meet up not the whole episode. Overall, I felt it was a good episode, but I am starting to feel that Merle might the only person with any sense. Rick should have shot the Gov. When he had the chance. I know that would have been too simple but it would have made more sense. And I too thought the conversation between Daryl and Rodriguez was cool.
:D

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Overall, I felt it was a good episode, but I am starting to feel that Merle might the only person with any sense. Rick should have shot the Gov. When he had the chance.

As much as people hate the Gov., I prefer him to the next villain from the comic, Negan. I LOATHE Negan (and not in the good villain way), and can't wait for that storyline to be over! Such a terrible character. So I'll stick with the crazy Gov.

I'm actually surprised Rick didn't tell Michonne of the deal. I honestly didn't see that coming. I think they are trying to bring that anger the Gov. has for her in the comic into the show, because in truth, Merle double crossed him more. And I still don't believe Merle was excised like that. It was just too easy.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
The brilliant 1997 BBC documentary, The Nazis: A Warning from History. Well-balanced and very eye-opening. Of particular interest were those soldiers/citizens/etc. of Germany who showed no remorse for what they did, even 60 years after the fact.

If anyone is interested, all six episodes are on YouTube.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Just finished season two of Game of Thrones. Having read the books, I found the second season to have taken liberties the first did not (the first season was incredibly close to the novel).

Having looked up the producers' intent, it appears that increased complexity in plot, increased numbers of characters, required a condensing of story lines and delay in introducing certain characters until season three.

Considering season three is apparently to be spread out over two television series, I can't wait until I can see it! (We don't get HBO, will have to wait for disc release)

As much as people hate the Gov., I prefer him to the next villain from the comic, Negan. I LOATHE Negan (and not in the good villain way), and can't wait for that storyline to be over! Such a terrible character. So I'll stick with the crazy Gov.I'm actually surprised Rick didn't tell Michonne of the deal. I honestly didn't see that coming. I think they are trying to bring that anger the Gov. has for her in the comic into the show, because in truth, Merle double crossed him more. And I still don't believe Merle was excised like that. It was just too easy.
Now now.. For those,of us who haven't read the comics, lets not toss up things and ruin it!I'd prefer we talk about what we've seen to avoid spoiling it myself. :)

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Did you take down your fishing pole and meet them at the fishing hole? :p

I would have, but as usual, Barney got tangled up in my fishing line. So I went for a hair cut, Floyed told me a lot of stories, including a risque one, about the time the wind caught Thelma Lou's dress and revealed her knees!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Now now.. For those,of us who haven't read the comics, lets not toss up things and ruin it!I'd prefer we talk about what we've seen to avoid spoiling it myself. :)

Negan has been introduced into the comic about a year. The comic and the show are so different and yet so alike that knowing their next villain (obviously the they will move onto their next one) isn't that big a deal. It's the comparisons that make it enjoyable and they really do compliment one another almost like companion pieces. You should read the comic. You'll have a lot of, "Oh, that's what they meant!" moments.

And Andrea is awesome in the comic. Can't say the same for the show.

Negan has been introduced into the comic about a year. The comic and the show are so different and yet so alike that knowing their next villain (obviously the they will move onto their next one) isn't that big a deal. It's the comparisons that make it enjoyable and they really do compliment one another almost like companion pieces. You should read the comic. You'll have a lot of, "Oh, that's what they meant!" moments.And Andrea is awesome in the comic. Can't say the same for the show.
OK, whew. :)Maybe she will be redeemed. They make it seem that way...

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Latest episode of The Americans. I'm really impressed with this show - great writing. Looking forward to tomorrow night's new episode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe