Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

A BLT with a side of freshly cut pineapple. The cook really likes us so he added some avacado to the BLT morphing it into a BLTA. He also cut the pineapple just for us or rather me. Is it any wonder that my favorite people are those who make my meals. Life is great.
:D

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Went inside the Chicago Board of Trade this morning; found the barber shop closed and the Danish wagon out of cinnamon rolls.:eek: In need a haircut, looking like a shaggy dog; and desperate for a cinnamon roll.:(

Exactly what I was thinking. My weakness is salty foods. Honey, I need CPR!
"Honey, where's the Insulin?" :p

My mother hated cooking and hated mornings, so the rule in our house was I could have whatever I wanted for breakfast as long as I got it myself and left my parents alone (leaving my father alone was a 24/7 rule). Hence, as a kid without breakfast rules, I had cake, cookies, sugary cereals my entire childhood. I didn't know or even think about cooking - it was all about packaged sugary stuff. Entennmann's, Hostess and I shared many a breakfast tables.

While, overall, I eat better today, a piece of cake or some candy will still serve as breakfast once or twice a week. My girlfriend - who knows all this and thinks I was raised in crazy town by the wackadoodles - was just indulging my breakfast bent as she'll do once in awhile.

My mother hated cooking and hated mornings, so the rule in our house was I could have whatever I wanted for breakfast as long as I got it myself and left my parents alone (leaving my father alone was a 24/7 rule). Hence, as a kid without breakfast rules, I had cake, cookies, sugary cereals my entire childhood. I didn't know or even think about cooking - it was all about packaged sugary stuff. Entennmann's, Hostess and I shared many a breakfast tables.

While, overall, I eat better today, a piece of cake or some candy will still serve as breakfast once or twice a week. My girlfriend - who knows all this and thinks I was raised in crazy town by the wackadoodles - was just indulging my breakfast bent as she'll do once in awhile.
Wackadoodles or Snickerdoodles?
Mom too hated cooking breakfast, but Dad loved it. He would sing the whole time. It is one of my favorite memories.

Bigger Don

Practically Family
I should have taken a picture, but my mind went into vapor lock when I saw it.

My girlfriend made me an Ovaltine based milk shake, with whip cream and home-made salted caramel sauce (left over from a recent cake) and several chocolate covered marshmallows on the whip cream.

That was breakfast and a quite tasty and filling one. Next time, a picture.
oh my!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82