Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

One of the best things about being an adult (especially one with no children to set an example for) is that you can have cookies for breakfast, which is what I did today.

SG made these insanely good lemon sugar cookies yesterday which, I just discovered, a handful of make a ridiculously good breakfast.

I really like the close up of the cookie.
:D

Lol, great imagery. How was the wife's BD party? Did the soup live up to the request? Was birthday cake involved?

Thanks for asking, FF. The party was fine but very low key. The evening was spent with the soup and a few adult beverages and lots of college football as we're both big fans. She fell asleep on the couch during a game. In her defense, she did run a half marathon yesterday morning. No cake was involved as she didn't want one, even though I offered to make her a carrot cake, same recipe that I forwarded to you. She is not really a fan of desserts even though her favorite beverage is Bailey's over ice. Go figure.

Thanks for asking, FF. The party was fine but very low key. The evening was spent with the soup and a few adult beverages and lots of college football as we're both big fans. She fell asleep on the couch during a game. In her defense, she did run a half marathon yesterday morning. No cake was involved as she didn't want one, even though I offered to make her a carrot cake, same recipe that I forwarded to you. She is not really a fan of desserts even though her favorite beverage is Bailey's over ice. Go figure.

Sounds like you guys are in the same place we are - nothing wrong with staying home and doing it your way: just the two of us, shared TV, favorite food, a few adult beverages and the female part of the team falling asleep first in front of the TV - except the Fading Fasts always have cake for birthday celebration (your carrot cake recipe is still in the queue - the chocolate stout layer cake posted in one of the food-focused threads here was ahead of it on the list).

We'll also go out sometimes, celebrate with friends, etc., but for us, the quiet nights as "just us," are what we enjoy the most.

And kudos to Mrs. Bamaboots on the half marathon.

Leftover chicken tortilla soup as I write this, with enough hot sauce that my bald head is beginning to sweat.
Keeping with the theme...I had leftover soup from a birthday party as well. The neighbors hosted a party for their niece's cumpleaños yesterday, complete with giant inflatable bounce house in the front yard and about 6 piñatas for all the kids in the neighborhood. (Not to mention ice cold cervezas for the adults) This morning their kids returned a wayward shoe to mine, and invited them back over to bounce some more til the rental place came for the jumpy house. I strolled over with my coffee to make sure everyone was behaving, and was greeted with a giant bowl of leftover posole (a soup/stew of pork, chicken, and hominy), fresh tortillas, and some homemade hot sauce that sure enough caused some bald head sweating. The breakfast gods were smiling upon me this morning without a doubt.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hmm, methinks I remember a very recent dinner suspiciously similar to today's breakfast in the TOE house - sounds like the leftovers turned into a tasty breakfast.
You are correct in your memory, but there were no leftovers from that meal. Had there have somehow been leftovers, they would have been gone sooner than later. Nope, it is another meal prepared by my Beautiful Lady. It is my favorite breakfast and there will be no leftovers. It smells so wonderfully.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82