Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

I'm more partial to the chocolate chocolate chip ones I make :)

I have never turned my nose up at a chocolate chocolate chip cookie, but will admit to being partial to the traditional chocolate chip ones.

Once you put sugar in something and throw it in the "sweets" category, I am very open minded about it.

That said, I do believe the world can be divided into three categories - the intellectual are thinking Judeo-Christian / Islam / Buddhism - but I'm thinking (1) those who like their sweets to be chocolate and are dismissive of the next category which is (2) non-chocolate sweets including things made with butterscotch, vanilla, coconut, caramel, etc. and (3) those who (like me) comfortably and without prejudice cross over into both categories.

My dad leaned heavily to the first category, so much so, that he put chocolate ice-cream on his apple pie (which, even as a kid, seemed a bit nuts to me). Vanilla ice-cream on apple pie is Fred and Ginger, you don't mess around with that combo.

My best-friend's wife is such a chocoholic that she will preview the dessert menu at the start of the meal and query the waiter about the "chocolateness" of this or that desert before he or she's even taken our drink order. I've also learned not to let her order desserts for the table as she goes totally selfish and there will be nothing but chocolate desserts even if she has to double up on an order to avoid having a non-chocolate dessert on the table.

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
I have never turned my nose up at a chocolate chocolate chip cookie, but will admit to being partial to the traditional chocolate chip ones.

Once you put sugar in something and throw it in the "sweets" category, I am very open minded about it.

That said, I do believe the world can be divided into three categories - the intellectual are thinking Judeo-Christian / Islam / Buddhism - but I'm thinking (1) those who like their sweets to be chocolate and are dismissive of the next category which is (2) non-chocolate sweets including things made with butterscotch, vanilla, coconut, caramel, etc. and (3) those who (like me) comfortably and without prejudice cross over into both categories.

My dad leaned heavily to the first category, so much so, that he put chocolate ice-cream on his apple pie (which, even as a kid, seemed a bit nuts to me). Vanilla ice-cream on apple pie is Fred and Ginger, you don't mess around with that combo.

My best-friend's wife is such a chocoholic that she will preview the dessert menu at the start of the meal and query the waiter about the "chocolateness" of this or that desert before he or she's even taken our drink order. I've also learned not to let her order desserts for the table as she goes totally selfish and there will be nothing but chocolate desserts even if she has to double up on an order to avoid having a non-chocolate dessert on the table.
I was talking about chocolate chocolate chip muffins :) I'm definitely more partial to traditional chocolate chip cookies! I am firmly in the the third category! I do think there's such as thing as too much chocolate. That being said, I do have a fantastic chocolate pancake recipe. lol!

Harp

I'll Lock Up
;)Starbucks Pike's Roast and the Chicago Sun Times.
White Sox
ace hurler Sale traded to Boston, Theo's old team. The Sox disavow any biz with the Cubs, so Sale stays in the American League.
Cubs pitched Soler out too, not a surprise-just so the brass don't moneyball Baez anywhere. Maddon at the winter meet cornered about his hooking
Hendricks in game 7; still preaching the pre game script sermon, but he busted flush and won the bluff pot, thanks to God opening the heavens so
it rained and the interim sermon in the dugout led by gold glove-lead bat Heyward no less. Then the apostles took the field and won.
But Joe's sticking with the script, and it was a fantastic season. Too bad the Bulls are getting their asses kicked all over.
The Irish took Ft Wayne last night over ESPN 1000*AM. But it was like rolling a drunk in the street.:oops:

A glass of chocolate milk and a peanut butter on a left over Parker House roll sandwich.

I don't know much about Buddhism and its reincarnation principals, but I do think there is a chance I'm going to come back in my next life as a peanut butter sandwich. It would seem fair as I have eaten a bazillion of them in my life.

My wife made Caramel Rolls while at the farm. This is a half recipe! We gave most of them away, but they will probably be part of breakfast tomorrow as well.

7a3eaa47c12d8a448f011aab4819a5bd.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Pb&j (apricot preserves) on toasted buttermilk waffles (called a "waffle-wich" in our household), and the most perfect cup of tea - Harney & Sons Tower of London made with organic Turbinado sugar & a splash of whole milk.

Pb&j (apricot preserves) on toasted buttermilk waffles (called a "waffle-wich" in our household), and the most perfect cup of tea - Harney & Sons Tower of London made with organic Turbinado sugar & a splash of whole milk.

A "waffle-wich" good one - very creative and sounds outstanding.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82