Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The women are poorly written on the show, I will give you that.

Blaming Rick for the daughter was so much a luxury type of emotion in the world they live in, I didn't know what to do with myself. I just think in the world they live in, to expect to loose their children at any given moment and not be surprised if/when it happens.

LD

Belladonna_dea

Familiar Face
Your last two 'hate to admit' shows are just terrible lol. I tried to watch them but just couldn't do it! I totally understand guilty pleasures, and I give you mad props for admitting you watch those shows. :D

LD

haha! Thank you! I actually just noticed the Facebook page for Vampire Diaries has over 9 million likes, so more people like it than they let on! ;)

Belladonna_dea

Familiar Face
I watched AHS hoping I would get a fix for horror.
I really dislike Dylan McDermott, but I decided to try it.
I wish they'd have spared us the self gratification scenes. Totally unneeded, and indeed ruin it for me.
It's salvageable, but I doubt it will get better :(
Sorry Lady, I wanted to like that one too.

I know what ya mean. They are just trying to continue pushing that envelope for shock value. It is definitely a different show than I've ever seen.

Belladonna_dea

Familiar Face
I'm waiting on beginning this season of Sons of Anarchy, almost done with all the Rescue Me seasons (my husbands a firefighter). I still have yet to finish the first season of Boardwalk Empire.... Gotta finish Treme. There are a ton of shows I watch. Netflix is the devil.

Feraud

Bartender
I found myself *note, apologies 'cause this will sound bad* thinking: "what the hell is wrong with the women on this show?" Every one of them got on my last nerve last night being pi&&ed at the wrong guy!
And yes, she IS going to get someone killed...
The problem on this show and most others is you have men writing the scripts who know nothing about women.
I am currently suffering through Homeland with suffers the same flaws. Claire Danes is simply *awful* on the show as is Morena Baccarain. Fortunately the latter is very easy on the eyes..

The problem on this show and most others is you have men writing the scripts who know nothing about women.
I am currently suffering through Homeland with suffers the same flaws. Claire Danes is simply *awful* on the show as is Morena Baccarain. Fortunately the latter is very easy on the eyes..

Sorry to hear that. I dvr'd it and wa hoping "Winter's" return would be good..,

TraditionalFrog

One of the Regulars
Since I hardly ever watch much television anymore, I'd venture to say I Love Lucy. Having over 30 GB (and growing) of Old Time Radio on my Computer, I find that far more entertaining. Not to mention less hypnotic/mind numbing than television... still have use your imagination! I feel it's a shame television had to come along and ruin it. That said, I do enjoy a good vintage movie now and then!

This one was a watching paint dry episode. The complaining from the women again was a pain int he neck. Thank goodness the woman on horseback came in and saved the helpless and stupid among them.:rolleyes:

I disagree. What I like is the occasional story to go along with death, mutilation, and general depravity :)
I very much liked it.

Also, I hate to say it, but American Horror Story (episode #2) was better than the premier. I'll give it a couple more episodes to decide, but it seemed more enjoyable (unless that's just October getting to me) and the opening credits are really creepy as hell.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
On the PBS Nova series, the "Iceman Murder Mystery". I am a total archaeology addict, and Otzi, the 5,000 year old mummy, found frozen in the high Alps 20 years ago, fascinates the heck out of me. 10 years after he was first dug up, scientists found an arrowhead in his shoulder. Then they noticed cranial damage, as if he'd been hit on the head, as well. Dude led a rough life. He also had Lyme disease, which proves that early cave men must have visited Connecticut much earlier than we first supposed. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken