Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
TWD. It takes a backstory and character development episode to restore a modicum of quality to the show...but then they screw the pooch when they can't come up with better writing than that to kill a one-off character, particularly when this guy is painted to be a highly successful post-apocalypse guru. He couldn't protect himself in that situation? Bitten in the back? It caused me to remember the idiotic van falling scenario. What a half-assed program it has become. Episode after episode, these slow-moving, noisy creatures pop out from behind trees and surprise characters. Or they suddenly can move at lightening speed, like a snake strike, when hand-to-hand. MAKE SOME SENSE, PLEASE. Please. And then shows like Fargo, that are operating at several Xs higher quality than TWD, continue to experience dwindling viewership. I don't understand.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
TWD. It takes a backstory and character development episode to restore a modicum of quality to the show...but then they screw the pooch when they can't come up with better writing than that to kill a one-off character, particularly when this guy is painted to be a highly successful post-apocalypse guru. He couldn't protect himself in that situation? Bitten in the back? It caused me to remember the idiotic van falling scenario. What a half-assed program it has become. Episode after episode, these slow-moving, noisy creatures pop out from behind trees and surprise characters. Or they suddenly can move at lightening speed, like a snake strike, when hand-to-hand. MAKE SOME SENSE, PLEASE. Please. And then shows like Fargo, that are operating at several Xs higher quality than TWD, continue to experience dwindling viewership. I don't understand.

I agree with you on most points. I too feel manipulated, whip-sawed and betrayed by this show. Still, while it's not on the level of "Fargo" it's not exactly "Baywatch" either. TWD has produced some superior television at times... just not lately.

Worf

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Weapon Hunter. Don't like the host much, bit of a Drama Queen, but this weeks subject mater was great, Quad Mount .50 caliber!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken