Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Please don't tell me that his American sister and nephew are still benefitting from this......

The only ones making money of his book are publishers. The Swiss and Holland made a lot of money, but they are finally being forced to give a lot of it back! The American nephew, if he is still alive, went underground after his stint in the US Navy, his sons have no kids, and talk to no one. Interestingly, that generation of Hitler's all refused to have kids. So that part of the blood line is dieing out!

Please don't tell me that his American sister and nephew are still benefitting from this......

While a good show, it did what the not-great documentaries do which is leave things / details like your question muddled. They also flipped from valuing things in 1940s dollars and present-value dollars (or Euros - a little of both to make it more confusing) without being clear all the time which value they were referencing. They also referenced that Hitler paid for his art (i.e., didn't directly steal it), but just let that hang there. They referenced he got paid for his speeches - and implied this was a big source of wealth - but again, no real follow up.

So while it raised some interesting items, it left me feeling like I only had part of the story. And to your question - it was a complete jumble when they talked about royalties post-WWII up to today. My girlfriend and I just shook our heads as it was impossible to clearly follow it.

While a good show, it did what the not-great documentaries do which is leave things / details like your question muddled. They also flipped from valuing things in 1940s dollars and present-value dollars (or Euros - a little of both to make it more confusing) without being clear all the time which value they were referencing. They also referenced that Hitler paid for his art (i.e., didn't directly steal it), but just let that hang there. They referenced he got paid for his speeches - and implied this was a big source of wealth - but again, no real follow up.

So while it raised some interesting items, it left me feeling like I only had part of the story. And to your question - it was a complete jumble when they talked about royalties post-WWII up to today. My girlfriend and I just shook our heads as it was impossible to clearly follow it.

Sounds like a pain to watch. :p

The only ones making money of his book are publishers. The Swiss and Holland made a lot of money, but they are finally being forced to give a lot of it back! The American nephew, if he is still alive, went underground after his stint in the US Navy, his sons have no kids, and talk to no one. Interestingly, that generation of Hitler's all refused to have kids. So that part of the blood line is dieing out!

Geez, what a mess. I know they changed their last name last time I heard and that was it. :doh:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Geez, what a mess. I know they changed their last name last time I heard and that was it. :doh:

I do feel sorry for the different kids! They were all born either at the very end of the war, or after, so they had nothing to do with it, yet I am sure they would at the very least get death threats. Could you imagine having the last name Hitler? And odds are, you wouldn't even be related since his father was born Schiklgruberthen, before he took his adopted fathers name Heidler, which got changed to Hitler! Amazing how many perfectly good things that man ruined for ever! The name, a mustache style, and of course the Swastika, which was a good luck symbol all over the world before the 1930s!

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Here's something to chew on. If your name is Hutter, a fairly common enough name in the US, you could be a distant relative of Hitler for it is a variation of the name.

I may be wrong, but I thought that 'Hitler' wasn't his real name anyway. I thought it was changed from something else?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Full Metal Alchemist" - Surprised to find this series both interesting and compelling. I'm only in the first season so it may quickly "jump the shark" but right now... I'm hooked.

Worf

I do feel sorry for the different kids! They were all born either at the very end of the war, or after, so they had nothing to do with it, yet I am sure they would at the very least get death threats. Could you imagine having the last name Hitler? And odds are, you wouldn't even be related since his father was born Schiklgruberthen, before he took his adopted fathers name Heidler, which got changed to Hitler! Amazing how many perfectly good things that man ruined for ever! The name, a mustache style, and of course the Swastika, which was a good luck symbol all over the world before the 1930s!

I am sure that they would have had the common sense to change their last name----I certainly would have!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82