Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Stingray episode 10.
A famous singer comes to Marineville.
Not sure what the premise was for this one, but they can't do sci-fi all the time. :D

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Three hours of "The Never Ending Struggle" - A PBS documentary about the origin and rise of the Superhero in American culture. It was great, covered D.C. and Marvel pretty well but gave the independents short shrift. Still it was great to see the subject matter taken seriously.

Worf

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Actually, the title is "Superheroes: A Never Ending Battle", and yes, they did a suprisingly good job with this doc. I made a point of rewatching it with my (adult) kids, since we've consumed so much superhero TV and film over the last fifteen-twenty years... but they weren't well versed in the original comic book lore or the creators' interesting backstories. Now they can put faces to my endless ravings about Jack Kirby, Joe Simon (*), Neil Adams, Jerry Siegel, Bob Kane, Steranko, etc.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2365078927/

(* I actually knew Joe Simon circa 1980 when he was forgotten and working as commercial artist in NYC. I was an assistant at a type/print shop he was working with, and once I told him of my longtime interest in comics, he gave me a beautiful set of b/w reprints of artwork he and Kirby had done for the knife-throwing western star Bullseye ["HE NEVER MISSES!"] back in the mid-fifties.)

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
The Secret Life of Deer. Interesting little documentary about deer in the US. I was surprised to learn that the deer population over the entire country was only about 1 million animals 100 years ago, now their population is estimated at around 30 million! I'd bet it could be even more from what I've seen though.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Hitler's Riches. Probably will come as no surprise to people here, but, he sure wasn't the poor man of the people he pretended to be. Worth over a Billion dollars in today's money!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82