Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Trials and Tribble-ations

Wasn't that titled "Trouble with Tribles"? I don't believe the Tribles liked Klingons.

What says it all for me, is the Star Trek franchise finally decided to do a retro show, using original film with the current actors superimposed, they picked The Trouble With Tribbles! On the 30th anniversary of Star Trek, Deep Space 9 aired Trials and Tribble-ations, where the cast went back in time, during the Tribble episode. Actually, very funny.

[video=youtube;2m8g7y7jsos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m8g7y7jsos[/video]

What says it all for me, is the Star Trek franchise finally decided to do a retro show, using original film with the current actors superimposed, they picked The Trouble With Tribbles! On the 30th anniversary of Star Trek, Deep Space 9 aired Trials and Tribble-ations, where the cast went back in time, during the Tribble episode. Actually, very funny.

[video=youtube;2m8g7y7jsos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m8g7y7jsos[/video]

That was a great episode---probably one of the very few for that series. :p

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Kings Point" - Excellent documentary about Seniors who fled NY City for sunny Florida and their lives today.... sobering, chilling and I pray NOT a glimpse into my future. It's on HBO catch it.

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
That was a great episode---probably one of the very few for that series. :p

I totally disagree. I consider DS9 the at least a tie for the best of the series ever produced. The whole "Dominion War" and the nuances actual war added to the stodgy "correctness" of Starfleet was well worth the ride. I consider DS9 not only the best of the genre but great television drama in it's own right!

Worf

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I totally disagree. I consider DS9 the at least a tie for the best of the series ever produced. The whole "Dominion War" and the nuances actual war added to the stodgy "correctness" of Starfleet was well worth the ride. I consider DS9 not only the best of the genre but great television drama in it's own right!

Worf

DS9 was the best television series of the '90s, hands down. The last couple of years of it were among the best television writing the medium has ever produced.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
DS9 was the best television series of the '90s, hands down. The last couple of years of it were among the best television writing the medium has ever produced.
I think the last episodes of DS9 were closer to what Gene Roddenberry had in mind for the original series. Remember, The Cage debuted in 1965, with Jeffrey Hunter as Captain Christopher Pike. NBC almost canceled the series, saying it was to cerebral ! Incidentally, the first line ever uttered in Star Trek was an emotional Leonard Nimoy, stating "Check the circuit," not a very auspicious beginning. Today, Gene would not have gotten a second chance! Makes you wounder what we are missing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe