Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

American Horror Story, season two opener. I hated the first episode of the first year, so I'll give this a few more before making up my mind. If they go down the $ex for the sake of $ex road, I may end up canceling. These guys have a good base for the show, but always seem obsessed with tossing in the $ex and gay $ex and more $ex. It doesn't need it. Just like Boardwalk Empire, I don't want it going for cheap ratings points.

Edward

Bartender
American Horror Story, season two opener. I hated the first episode of the first year, so I'll give this a few more before making up my mind. If they go down the $ex for the sake of $ex road, I may end up canceling. These guys have a good base for the show, but always seem obsessed with tossing in the $ex and gay $ex and more $ex. It doesn't need it. Just like Boardwalk Empire, I don't want it going for cheap ratings points.

Is it on HBO? From what I gather, sex scenes are something of the House Style there. ;)

Is it on HBO? From what I gather, sex scenes are something of the House Style there. ;)
No, it's FX. But they're just as bad. The guys that do the show are pretty much well, nevermind. It's edgy and well done, but someone needs to let them know that we can all get pørn on the interwebs and it's not needed in the show :)

p51

One Too Many
Both "Rome" and "Deadwood" were in my mind excellent shows that died early.
That said, the language, violenece and skin got pushed so strongly that even I got tired of it (especially with Deadwood) because my wife got sick of hearing a never-ending series of obscene language from both shows and it got to the point that it wasn't worth it for me to watch them when she was around...
Both shows could have strongly benefitted from a less NC-17 take on things.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Season 5 of Rockford Files. DVD on sale in a local discount store. Still enjoyable although not as well made as I remember it, but then I was only in my mid twenties the first time around.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
God I hate Ted Bundy! He was a serial killer, yet the ladies loved him, even after he was convicted. Something is just wrong when a serial killer does better then me with the ladies!

They love The Phantom Of The Opera too and there's a guy with half his face burned off who lives in a sewer. Go figure women.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
My Tattoo Addiction - Documentary on Channel 4 featuring a catalogue of really, really bad tattoos (most were done under the influence). One guy had tattooed two different girlfriend's names on each side of his neck and his latest flame insisted they get covered up - he now has two enormous scorpions from the base of his neck up to each temple. Another had some of the filthiest language tattooed on his body (and also the website address of a company he worked for across his chest (?!!!) and had to have a huge eagle to cover the largest one up and his child's face on his back to cover up the choice language. And then there's the guy with his 16th Miley Cyrus tattoo - let's hope he never grows tired of her.....

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
My Tattoo Addiction - Documentary on Channel 4 featuring a catalogue of really, really bad tattoos (most were done under the influence). One guy had tattooed two different girlfriend's names on each side of his neck and his latest flame insisted they get covered up - he now has two enormous scorpions from the base of his neck up to each temple. Another had some of the filthiest language tattooed on his body (and also the website address of a company he worked for across his chest (?!!!) and had to have a huge eagle to cover the largest one up and his child's face on his back to cover up the choice language. And then there's the guy with his 16th Miley Cyrus tattoo - let's hope he never grows tired of her.....
Should have just done this!
rockwell_zps7f3bcb71.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe