Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up

Herrvallmo

New in Town
I love the M1-bomber jacket design, but don't know if it's for me personally.
This one is from Neighborhood which I love because the use of different color panels it still don't feel 100%, maybe the M-1 isn't for me(I know some will hate the shorter sleeves, but personally that's a plus in my book haha).

PXL_20241021_000050137~2.jpg
PXL_20241021_000131330~2.jpg

Bennarion

Call Me a Cab
I love the M1-bomber jacket design, but don't know if it's for me personally.
This one is from Neighborhood which I love because the use of different color panels it still don't feel 100%, maybe the M-1 isn't for me(I know some will hate the shorter sleeves, but personally that's a plus in my book haha).

View attachment 648305 View attachment 648306
Overall, the jacket fits well. If you like short sleeves, wear a jacket with pleasure

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Found this lurking under a jacket i haven't worn in years. Bought this over 25years ago but never wore it as it was too big.fits great now,I remember trying to sell it years ago for £30,,thankfully no takers :)it was underneath this Alpha MA-1,also forgot buying this lol,it feels like Christmas has come early.
20241021_195227.jpg

Attachments

• 20241021_174313.jpg
    20241021_174313.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 31
  • 20241021_174222.jpg
    20241021_174222.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Trouser Bark

One of the Regulars
I've worn two different jackets today.

The first was an old Vanson Associates white label from somewhere around the mid to late 1970's. I have no idea what model this is. Size is listed as 46 but it fits like a 48. I love the roominess of the shoulders and chest where it fits perfectly but am not a fan of the fit from natural waist through lower waist and hip. It needs to fit like a 46 from the half way point on down.

It's a calico w/ a black lower rear panel, light brown on the sides and a very dark brown on the front. It takes a minute to get used to and the leather remains a little on the stiff side which is my preference. Don't know that it's horse though. Multiple contrasting stitch details. If there were a couple things I didn't care for it's that the jacket has an odor. Not like mold or something easily identifiable and I'm not even sure that others can smell it but I can. I've heard some refer to long term closet smell. I'm not sure there is such a thing but there is a stink that I'd dearly love to remove and if I could get a little of the 'new car leather seat' smell back I'd dig that for sure. Very easy to spend too much in an attempt to breath new life into old skin. The wind stopping panel behind the zipper is on the wrong side too but it'll stay that way.

I'm seriously considering sending it to Vanson for a dip and dye treatment but I wonder if they might balk at having to redye three separate colors on so many panels. It would probably be tough to keep the front pocket colors as they have been for 50 years.

IMG_7710.jpeg
IMG_7711.jpeg
IMG_7715.jpeg
IMG_7714.jpeg
IMG_7716.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley