Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Mrfrown

One Too Many
I saw your IG post and I have to ask…Mushmans has these for $1.5k but your price is $2.150k? Surely you deserve something for the effort and the inevitable pains that come with also being a customer service rep. Is this what you’ve built into your pricing model? Are there enough folks willing to go that high over retail/ direct from Japan?

I was also wondering about that.

Shipping, customs, inevitable hassles of customer service, business taxes and overhead...

I'm a broke ass who buys used exclusively but idk why you are surprised by this.

Hey guys a couple of points.

It’s not a group buy, I’m buying from Rainbow Country to resell. Some folks are going to pre-order but dunno how many, and I have to be able to pay Rainbow Country for the order.

This is my first rodeo doing this so there are a lot of unknowns. I based my pricing off of the only other non-Japanese retailer I could find: Recall Clothing.

I think some folks will want to order direct from Japan. And that’s ok. I’ve done that! But some will be interested in buying from a US-based seller for a variety of reasons. Once the jackets arrive I’ll also be able to measure them in a more standardized way too.

Of course once I have more knowledge maybe I revisit the price? Dunno!

I dont want to derail the thread or anything. But feel free to hit me with any questions. If it gets to be a lot perhaps DM or convo would be better?

Kenmar8181

New in Town
TFH

IMG_1266.jpeg

Sagar85

A-List Customer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld