Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

barnabus

One Too Many
Apologies first and foremost because my phone camera really is total garbage.

But this morning I was wearing my Detroit-alike by The Stronghold while I pranced about the woods. No zipped up pictures because as always within seconds of setting out I was boiling hot.

Anyway, otherwise I felt very comfortable and happy in what I was wearing, when it occurred to me what a cheap-ass I am.

Like everybody else on TFL I've been reading a very active recent thread on the board, where there's been a lot of debate about value and quality and price and what you should expect for your money. I don't want to drag that into this thread too, but it has made me think about how The Fedora Lounge caters for people at a wide range of price points.

Today:

The Stronghold "Detroit", £27
Brandit Phantom boots, £55
Gap t, £6
G.H. Bass canvas work trousers, £12
high street aviators, £4

All bought brand new from actual shops.

Just a shame I didn't spend more on a camera, I guess.

IMG_20230422_121704_HDR~2.jpg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Apologies first and foremost because my phone camera really is total garbage.

But this morning I was wearing my Detroit-alike by The Stronghold while I pranced about the woods. No zipped up pictures because as always within seconds of setting out I was boiling hot.

Anyway, otherwise I felt very comfortable and happy in what I was wearing, when it occurred to me what a cheap-ass I am.

Like everybody else on TFL I've been reading a very active recent thread on the board, where there's been a lot of debate about value and quality and price and what you should expect for your money. I don't want to drag that into this thread too, but it has made me think about how The Fedora Lounge caters for people at a wide range of price points.

Today:

The Stronghold "Detroit", £27
Brandit Phantom boots, £55
Gap t, £6
G.H. Bass canvas work trousers, £12
high street aviators, £4

All bought brand new from actual shops.

Just a shame I didn't spend more on a camera, I guess.

View attachment 510384
I am a cheap-ass, too. My favorite jacket is sub-$99, and that makes me really happy, lol. These jeans are Cone Mills Levi's for $30, used. The belt I made myself. Long live cheapskates!

PXL_20230417_203617159~2.jpg

View attachment 510478

Doing the double denim thing today. Too much western or not enough? I’ve been thinking about adding a hat but I’m not sure if I’m a hat person. Any tips on low budget hats to try out? I like the look of Stetson Open road.

If you like the OR go for it. You should be able to find an older and solid one for around $100, sometimes less. It won’t be peak felt but nice enough, certainly for your hat experiment. Full on cheap just won’t do hats and wearing them justice.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
If you like the OR go for it. You should be able to find an older and solid one for around $100, sometimes less. It won’t be peak felt but nice enough, certainly for your hat experiment. Full on cheap just won’t do hats and wearing them justice.

This is why I come here with questions. Best place to find enablers
Saved an eBay search, now it’s just a waiting game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe