Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel

Practically Family
I love that film!! I am actually considering commissioning a suit in an attempt to pay homage to his in the beginning of the film. I have always wanted a suit jacket with an action back and half belt.
Yea, everytime I see that movie, I want to dress up and sport a nice bespoke suit. They really did a fine job with costume design for a period piece. Reminds me of my town now, we still have that city/country feel here.

KarlCrow

One Too Many
We did make it to the Oktoberfest in Mt Angel, Oregon, this morning. We arrived just in time to hit the bratwurst and other tasty treats. There were quite a few guys with their traditional shorts and braces on, and their hats with either feathers or badger hair on the side.

I wore my A. Breiter Trachten Hut, made in Munich in the 80's. MrsFed wore the very Alpine-esque Borsalino I was gifted last year by a young man at church. It has a sewn in liner... maybe pre mid-80's? I think it matches the brown German mustard very well!

Watching the kids dance, sometimes with teens and their parents I had a thought that many of the world's problems might be solved with a little more music, dancing and good food!

i-X68NrFs-S.jpg
i-2xP3Zfg-S.jpg

i-RVHMWz4-S.jpg
i-pKJgfVH-S.jpg

You can see the guy in the lower left corner wearing his Trachten Hut with Badger hair tassle.
They have a working Glockenspiel in the town square that chimes on the hour and then plays music with moving carved wood characters. Very cool.

i-S5wt7Gn-S.jpg
i-6TV4KQg-S.jpg

There's plenty of beer and wine, too, for you wine bibbers:

i-KG78xMD-S.jpg
i-4gjTbFN-S.jpg

And lots of traditional music and dancing

i-2ZM25nv-S.jpg
i-XJ4Fk7m-S.jpg

I hit the brim with a little more steam this morning...

i-sMvnqtM-M.jpg
i-vpJ5mr2-M.jpg

looks like fun, that's the time and place for that hat, you both look great, and yes music is a food of life, and always sounds fuller when filling the belly.

Samuel

Practically Family
We did make it to the Oktoberfest in Mt Angel, Oregon, this morning. We arrived just in time to hit the bratwurst and other tasty treats. There were quite a few guys with their traditional shorts and braces on, and their hats with either feathers or badger hair on the side.

I wore my A. Breiter Trachten Hut, made in Munich in the 80's. MrsFed wore the very Alpine-esque Borsalino I was gifted last year by a young man at church. It has a sewn in liner... maybe pre mid-80's? I think it matches the brown German mustard very well!

Watching the kids dance, sometimes with teens and their parents I had a thought that many of the world's problems might be solved with a little more music, dancing and good food!

i-X68NrFs-S.jpg
i-2xP3Zfg-S.jpg

i-RVHMWz4-S.jpg
i-pKJgfVH-S.jpg

You can see the guy in the lower left corner wearing his Trachten Hut with Badger hair tassle.
They have a working Glockenspiel in the town square that chimes on the hour and then plays music with moving carved wood characters. Very cool.

i-S5wt7Gn-S.jpg
i-6TV4KQg-S.jpg

i-KG78xMD-S.jpg
i-4gjTbFN-S.jpg

i-2ZM25nv-S.jpg
i-XJ4Fk7m-S.jpg

i-sMvnqtM-M.jpg
i-vpJ5mr2-M.jpg

What happens in October? It's only September?

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family

i-X68NrFs-S.jpg
i-2xP3Zfg-S.jpg

i-RVHMWz4-S.jpg
i-pKJgfVH-S.jpg

i-S5wt7Gn-S.jpg
i-6TV4KQg-S.jpg

i-KG78xMD-S.jpg
i-4gjTbFN-S.jpg

i-2ZM25nv-S.jpg
i-XJ4Fk7m-S.jpg

i-sMvnqtM-M.jpg
i-vpJ5mr2-M.jpg

Awesome photos Doug! Looks like quite the adventure:) you and Mrs Fed look right at home in your hats! A perfect fit

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

Love that photo brother ... just love it

Finally hat to toss on a jacket this morning on the way to the farmer's market. Cool, felt morning, I'm a happy guy. To compare with Moon's spectacular Portis New Slant yesterday, I'm wearing a slightly newer version. We are probably at opposite ends of the 1950s on these two hats.

View attachment 86181 View attachment 86182

Good looking piece Mike ... those New Slants sure are fine hats

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Thanks, man! You sure looked sharp in your suit and AB/Steve Delk hat. Have you posted the gray one before? Sounds very cool!
Thank you Doug! I think I have only posted it once or twice. Here is the CS that Steve made for me. It's about a 1/2 in. taller crown and has a 2 5/8 brim. This one is a rabbit body.
IMG_0335.JPG

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
a>
a>
I'm new to FL, this is first post. I've been following several hats threads for months and decided it was time to join in. This is a no name toquilla I got with in a purchase of several hats earlier this year. It has quickly become one of my favorites.
Hi Richard. Welcome!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken