Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
A great place to exercise the Trachten Hut! I have not been up to Mt. Angel in years. We will have to put it on our schedule next year. Great photos.

Crown to the clouds Jeremy. Perfect gray color and a real 1930s look with those spectators. Impressive.

You are amassing an impressive collection my friend. I remember a tip somewhere around here about using tennis balls on the hat hooks to keep the shape at the rear of the sweat. I've been planning to do this, seems like a sound idea. Love seeing this. There is a hat collection thread to add this great photo to.

Love the stitching on the brim of this beautiful Borsalino Karl. Did it run pretty close to size? My 58cm was a little snug.

Revitalization achieved Bob! I really like the tone of brown on that one.

Pristine, like all of your collection, this is a great example of the style and lines during the heyday of Dobbs.

Sweet Wormser Michael. The color and crease on this one was a treat this morning.

Are you in Europe Harv? Or is this a stateside image of Esther and her wonderful hat? Very nice image.
Thanks Mike!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
A great place to exercise the Trachten Hut! I have not been up to Mt. Angel in years. We will have to put it on our schedule next year. Great photos.

I haven't been up there since the late 80's. MrsFed had never been. She was live streaming the kids' dances to her mom in Ecuador. Technology is amazing. I think the trick is to go up early and avoid the crowds. We arrived about 10 a.m. and had an easy time walking around. After we watched the dances, we left and it was a struggle getting out of the crowd to walk back to our car... and more people were pouring in for the afternoon/evening party. That was around 2 p.m.

For a town of 3500, attendance of around 350,000 is astounding. LOL... we were waiting on the traffic officers (reserve county deputies who were very young) to stop traffic of cars and a blind man - white cane in hand - said, "to hell with this," and just started crossing the street. Well, the cars stopped and all the people started across the street, too. It was mayhem, and you could tell the young deputies were overwhelmed. MrsFed and I tried to stay on the sidewalk, but literally had to move forward with the crowd or be trampled. Yes, better to avoid the crowds unless you are staying there all afternoon to drink in the biergarten, weingarten, etc...

I haven't been up there since the late 80's. MrsFed had never been. She was live streaming the kids' dances to her mom in Ecuador. Technology is amazing. I think the trick is to go up early and avoid the crowds. We arrived about 10 a.m. and had an easy time walking around. After we watched the dances, we left and it was a struggle getting out of the crowd to walk back to our car... and more people were pouring in for the afternoon/evening party. That was around 2 p.m.

For a town of 3500, attendance of around 350,000 is astounding. LOL... we were waiting on the traffic officers (reserve county deputies who were very young) to stop traffic of cars and a blind man - white cane in hand - said, "to hell with this," and just started crossing the street. Well, the cars stopped and all the people started across the street, too. It was mayhem, and you could tell the young deputies were overwhelmed. MrsFed and I tried to stay on the sidewalk, but literally had to move forward with the crowd or be trampled. Yes, better to avoid the crowds unless you are staying there all afternoon to drink in the biergarten, weingarten, etc...
Yes, and the throngs were headed for the Beer Garten! I used to work food booths for the Jaycees back in the 80s, I suspect the crowds are even bigger now. Glad you guys had a great time.

Keeping up with Karl is impossible!! Gorgeous lid(s), my friend!!

Another Sunday morning on the pond... Late forties Lee 20 GOLD LABEL
DSC01342.jpg DSC01346.jpg

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Gorgeous lid(s), my friend!!
thanks charlie, you've more fezes than i have fedoras! Beautiful colour contrast on that lee, pink and grey, similar contrast to one @moontheloon posted yesterday

i mean wine stain salmon, not pink if course (-:

nice to see your robe and private lake in the same shot

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
The fourth of the series of five hats I received from @Daniele Tanto, a brown mid-nineties Borsalino, similar if stiffer to a blue rainproof line 80s Bosalino I have, but with a stitched brim. Very comfortable, suave imho, practical brown hat.
View attachment 86287 View attachment 86288 View attachment 86289 View attachment 86290 View attachment 86291 b^4bob

huge fan of brown on blue ... huge

Happy Sunday. The boid is the woid.

OPS-era Dobbs Game Bird

ae015091dd6adac7ec5507970841ea7a.jpg
47881f9a96989435dbc3c2553b57354d.jpg
ab05fbc30b8c5b1a996e42c3632cb5bb.jpg

Brim [emoji121]️ 4 Bob

7d253581401d7c38f6d64efdf33b01f3.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

one of my absolute favorites of yours Jim ... that thing is just great

I'll be borrowing that one at some point

A two day reprieve from the heat. On this grey day, a grey hat. Wormser 10 Star