Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel

Practically Family
Switched to my Stetson Stratoliner while watching "CHINATOWN" neo-noir with Jack Nicholson, Sydney Polanski and Faye Dunaway...all those gorgeous hats! My youngest is playing Minecraft—no worries.

IMG_6018.JPG

Last edited:

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Switched to my Stetson Stratoliner while watching "CHINATOWN" neo-noir with Jack Nicholson, Sydney Polanski and Faye Dunaway...all those gergeous hats! My youngest is playing Minecraft—no worries.

View attachment 86209
great film, actually studied it and the alternative endings or something whilst flunking a modern english course in the 80s. And, wonderful hat.

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Alternative endings...feeling

Intrigued!
no idea, but we definitely had a script with a different ending or two, visiting american lecture, interesting course but between smoking the lawn and propping up the student bar between and during classes, i'd be hard put to remember the actual ending, or the end of the eightees, or much of the nineties to be honest, only i've seen the movie a few times since.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Very hard to describe
I believe Stetson called it "Rose"
Not sure where I heard that but pretty sure it's true.
It's not red... it's not purple... and it's not salmon... sort of a mixture of all that.
My wife calls colors like this "wine stain"

044dcc24e09dbba93a62e1eb7fd6eddf.jpg

Sent from my space aged handheld communication device and universal translator
Looks kinda like "Nantucket Red" to me.

Samuel

Practically Family
no idea, but we definitely had a script with a different ending or two, visiting american lecture, interesting course but between smoking the lawn and propping up the student bar between and during classes, i'd be hard put to remember the actual ending, or the end of the eightees, or much of the nineties to be honest, only i've seen the movie a few times since.
If you ever run across your old notes I'd be appreciative, I teach art/ film and animation. I'm always interested in "behind the scenes" tidbits.

KarlCrow

One Too Many
If you ever run across your old notes I'd be appreciative, I teach art/ film and animation. I'm always interested in "behind the scenes" tidbits.
There is no way I have those notes I'm afraid, anything like that was in my parents house as I went abroad, and after my father passed away after selling the old place near the bottom end of the recession, we ended up with 48 hours to clear the house, or lose the sale to litigation, so I closed my eyes and filled a few dumper skips full of my past.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
The Pilgrim looks good today Michael. The crease is sweet.
Thanks Red. I'm sure it will be around more often in the next few months.

Finally hat to toss on a jacket this morning on the way to the farmer's market. Cool, felt morning, I'm a happy guy. To compare with Moon's spectacular Portis New Slant yesterday, I'm wearing a slightly newer version. We are probably at opposite ends of the 1950s on these two hats.

View attachment 86181 View attachment 86182
Great looking Portis. Wish it would cool off a bit here.

Thanks Samuel.

Caught me sans hat watching Crazies with my youngest boy, chillin' next to me is my new favorite hat. I feel that way with all my new purchases. Happy Sabbath everybody!

View attachment 86195
I take it that is the new Marathon. Great looking hat.

Thanks all,
Michael

Sonero

Practically Family
BC Hats Back Pack Traveler.

I can't stress enough how happy I am with my BC Hats and Barmah purchases. If you can get into leather and suede being on your head then you are in for a real treat quality wise. I've read there is a difference between Barmah Australia and Barmah USA so buy from an australian dealer . I have been using australiangear.com with no regrets. Hats run around $50 for a beautifully done hat. They claim to be waterproof and some are wax coated.
Photo on 9-16-17 at 3.10 PM.jpg
Photo on 9-16-17 at 3.10 PM #2.jpg
Photo on 9-16-17 at 3.09 PM.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Very hard to describe
I believe Stetson called it "Rose"
Not sure where I heard that but pretty sure it's true.
It's not red... it's not purple... and it's not salmon... sort of a mixture of all that.
My wife calls colors like this "wine stain"

044dcc24e09dbba93a62e1eb7fd6eddf.jpg

Sent from my space aged handheld communication device and universal translator
To me it looks like a dusty rose color, like some of the rocks you see in the Grand Canyon, Arizona, New Mexico, etc.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Switched to my Stetson Stratoliner while watching "CHINATOWN" neo-noir with Jack Nicholson, Sydney Polanski and Faye Dunaway...all those gorgeous hats! My youngest is playing Minecraft—no worries.

View attachment 86209
I love that film!! I am actually considering commissioning a suit in an attempt to pay homage to his in the beginning of the film. I have always wanted a suit jacket with an action back and half belt.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
We did make it to the Oktoberfest in Mt Angel, Oregon, this morning. We arrived just in time to hit the bratwurst and other tasty treats. There were quite a few guys with their traditional shorts and braces on, and their hats with either feathers or badger hair on the side.

I wore my A. Breiter Trachten Hut, made in Munich in the 80's. MrsFed wore the very Alpine-esque Borsalino I was gifted last year by a young man at church. It has a sewn in liner... maybe pre mid-80's? I think it matches the brown German mustard very well!

Watching the kids dance, sometimes with teens and their parents I had a thought that many of the world's problems might be solved with a little more music, dancing and good food!

i-X68NrFs-S.jpg
i-2xP3Zfg-S.jpg

i-RVHMWz4-S.jpg
i-pKJgfVH-S.jpg

You can see the guy in the lower left corner wearing his Trachten Hut with Badger hair tassle.
They have a working Glockenspiel in the town square that chimes on the hour and then plays music with moving carved wood characters. Very cool.

i-S5wt7Gn-S.jpg
i-6TV4KQg-S.jpg

There's plenty of beer and wine, too, for you wine bibbers:

i-KG78xMD-S.jpg
i-4gjTbFN-S.jpg

And lots of traditional music and dancing

i-2ZM25nv-S.jpg
i-XJ4Fk7m-S.jpg

I hit the brim with a little more steam this morning...

i-sMvnqtM-M.jpg
i-vpJ5mr2-M.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken