Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJR

RJR

Hat-Peters Brothers Shady Oaks 2.jpg
Peters Brothers Shady Oaks.Strange color,it was filthy and got a gas bath;before and after. Hat-Peters Brothers Shady Oaks 1.jpg

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
We did make it to the Oktoberfest in Mt Angel, Oregon, this morning. We arrived just in time to hit the bratwurst and other tasty treats. There were quite a few guys with their traditional shorts and braces on, and their hats with either feathers or badger hair on the side.

I wore my A. Breiter Trachten Hut, made in Munich in the 80's. MrsFed wore the very Alpine-esque Borsalino I was gifted last year by a young man at church. It has a sewn in liner... maybe pre mid-80's? I think it matches the brown German mustard very well!

Watching the kids dance, sometimes with teens and their parents I had a thought that many of the world's problems might be solved with a little more music, dancing and good food!

i-X68NrFs-S.jpg
i-2xP3Zfg-S.jpg

i-RVHMWz4-S.jpg
i-pKJgfVH-S.jpg

You can see the guy in the lower left corner wearing his Trachten Hut with Badger hair tassle.
They have a working Glockenspiel in the town square that chimes on the hour and then plays music with moving carved wood characters. Very cool.

i-S5wt7Gn-S.jpg
i-6TV4KQg-S.jpg

There's plenty of beer and wine, too, for you wine bibbers:

i-KG78xMD-S.jpg
i-4gjTbFN-S.jpg

And lots of traditional music and dancing

i-2ZM25nv-S.jpg
i-XJ4Fk7m-S.jpg

I hit the brim with a little more steam this morning...

i-vpJ5mr2-M.jpg

A great place to exercise the Trachten Hut! I have not been up to Mt. Angel in years. We will have to put it on our schedule next year. Great photos.

Thank you Doug! I think I have only posted it once or twice. Here is the CS that Steve made for me. It's about a 1/2 in. taller crown and has a 2 5/8 brim. This one is a rabbit body. View attachment 86248
Crown to the clouds Jeremy. Perfect gray color and a real 1930s look with those spectators. Impressive.

i just basically completed the hat wall in my office, i generally work at home as much as I can.
View attachment 86264 now to choose one for today...
You are amassing an impressive collection my friend. I remember a tip somewhere around here about using tennis balls on the hat hooks to keep the shape at the rear of the sweat. I've been planning to do this, seems like a sound idea. Love seeing this. There is a hat collection thread to add this great photo to.

The fourth of the series of five hats I received from @Daniele Tanto, a brown mid-nineties Borsalino, similar if stiffer to a blue rainproof line 80s Bosalino I have, but with a stitched brim. Very comfortable, suave imho, practical brown hat.
View attachment 86287 View attachment 86288 View attachment 86289 View attachment 86290 View attachment 86291 b^4bob
Love the stitching on the brim of this beautiful Borsalino Karl. Did it run pretty close to size? My 58cm was a little snug.

View attachment 86292
Peters Brothers Shady Oaks.Strange color,it was filthy and got a gas bath;before and after. View attachment 86293
Revitalization achieved Bob! I really like the tone of brown on that one.

I'm always surprised every time I pull this hat from the box at how very lightweight it is

Dobbs Westward

35a6b6befeac27148e610d9de1eb83ab.jpg

f8cac895cf9a7f7c04102565fded3cb6.jpg

db33ebad2f520bc7dd07eba3d4d5e14a.jpg

Sent from my space aged handheld communication device and universal translator
Pristine, like all of your collection, this is a great example of the style and lines during the heyday of Dobbs.

A two day reprieve from the heat. On this grey day, a grey hat. Wormser 10 Star
DSCN4743 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN4745 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN4754 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN4756 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
9-17-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a good one,
Michael
Sweet Wormser Michael. The color and crease on this one was a treat this morning.

Sunday stroll
378167c46d548943035223a6c6e51331.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Are you in Europe Harv? Or is this a stateside image of Esther and her wonderful hat? Very nice image.

KarlCrow

One Too Many
You are amassing an impressive collection my friend. I remember a tip somewhere around here about using tennis balls on the hat hooks to keep the shape at the rear of the sweat. I've been planning to do this, seems like a sound idea. Love seeing this. There is a hat collection thread to add this great photo to.

Love the stitching on the brim of this beautiful Borsalino Karl. Did it run

thanks as ever red, the reason the wall is only 'practically' done is that I'm picking up some cheap tennis balls in the morning, typically enough, i read about that here yesterday after buying some hooks.

my size so much as i can tell is 57.25 so Danielle suggested 58s, which work fine (-: I'm done buying till next year, although christmas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken