Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, no thoughts about the stingy brim look, it, looks not stingy for me, it looks great on you!

Alan, wow, I like that hat, sharp Stetson!

g-durand, very very nice Lee. Great hat!

Tom, your Resistol looks great with that custom band, good choice!

TJ, I can't remember that I have seen this hat on you! You wear him great!

Joao, a cool 3 X Stetson, how many hats are now in your collection?

Charlie, sharp photo and hat. It's a while back that I have seen a photo of you!

David, sharp Stratoliner look for you today. Looks very good!

The Rag, yepp that looks much better. Cool pinch!

Mayser for me!

4xwh.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Although no blood line supports it, I believe part of my heart is Italian. Enjoy the last few days of your adventure Manfred, the memories will last a lifetime.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
David – very nice Strat – the shape looks good in a panama.

HatsRme – I like that sage colour.

Joao – You carry the westerns well.

TJones – Thanks for sharing – we don’t see many campaign hats on here.

GTDean – that’s a nice trim job on that Resistol and the band works well. I was looking at some of the Resistols on the bay and thinking about doing a trim job (and in my case going for a wide ribbon) but I’ve yet to find one in my size where the cost+shipping+customs justify my dodgy ribbon skills.

G.Durand – Lovely looking Lee.

Alan – Very nice straw, and thanks for the details on Tuscan straw.

Bowlerman – I’d have guessed at 2 ¼” – no idea why! Nice hat anyway.

Manfred – That’s been a great travel hat.

ManofKent

Thanks for all the comments on the Christy's cap (I finally found the one in natural linen that I bought last year and put in a safe place...).

Today trying out a new Huckle (Tonak) - more photos in the new hats thread:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Richard, Mike and Jeff, thank you very much. Yes the memories will last a lifetime. Will see what the last days brings!

Hi Jeff, the soprano is Lussine Levoni, the violine Fedor Roudine!
A. Kachaturian " Masquerade"
S.Rachmaninov " Ne poy krasavitsa pri mne"
A. Kachaturian "Concerto per violino in re min. op.46

sorry I don't know the other titles!

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Rocky River Nature Preserve

At the Cleveland Metropark with my daughter. She'll return to college in two weeks. Wearing a new-to-me Australia Market Akubra Cattleman. Not sure what the color is - it's darker than what the photos suggest. It really needs to shrink a bit - according to David Morgan this would be my size (it's a 57) but I always buy a 56.

The light sage in a contextual photo looks very different and more wearable than I had imagined from the swatch, which has intrigued me for some time. Is the photo pretty color accurate?

Thanks to all for the comments gents...

Jeff, the color as rendered in that photo (on a bright, yet not sunny day) is a bit more "earthy" than it normally looks, but not by much. The contention that light sage may be too pastel-like is not the case, especially when paired with subtle colors that work to tone down the green, as in the photo. On the flip side, if you wanted to accent the green, wearing almost any green-toned clothing will bring it out. I prefer the more earthy look. This hat always gets great comments. Always!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, HRme. That is very illustrative! I can get with earthy as well. Sometime would you post a similar shot where you're wearing something that does bring out the green?

Richard, I'll say it in this thread too-- I really like that new Huckel/Tonak!

I changed my mind today. :D

36jw.jpg

casechopper

Jeff: I've noted that stingy hats that fit large don't appear as stingy. Conversely I've also noted that large brims can look quite small if the hat is on the smaller side. Regardless, that hat works very well for you.

ManOfKent: I looked up the site you bought that hat from and it looks like it's not longer available in larger sizes. If it were still available I would be quite interested in getting one. Definitely a good deal and a nice hat. I like that linen cap you posted earlier as well.

Manfred: Still on holiday? You're making us Americans jealous! I get 6 days paid vacation per year which is pretty common over here.

Rag and bone man: That stylemaster works very well for you.

For me another crazy day with little time for photos.
Fat ribbon Campdraft
IMG_6700.JPG

IMG_6698.JPG

Jeff, You have given me a pause to think... I have never worn this hat with any other green shades, because I prefer the earth tones.

Moreover, I do not wish to be seen as "one who wears the green hat" due to the old Chinese(?) belief about green hats. It was mentioned, I believe, in the Green Machine thread quite some time ago. And, as you know, if we read it on the internet... it might be true.;)

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Very nice David...its raining here...again!

Thanks, Rusty. Been a nice summer's day here in NH

Cool looking VS, Charlie.

Joao - yep, you do pretty good with Stetsons too!

DJH, Aww Man! Now that's a Panama! I love that straw Stratoliner! Where did you find it?

Thanks, TJ. The Panama is a new eBay find. It took a bashing on the way here - the seller had packed the hat with no packaging in a box that of course got crushed. The poor hat was discovered huddled in a corner. I ended up soaking it in the shower and reblocking - probably 80% how I want it, but a little work still needed.

Tom - I like the Resistol.

GD - cool looking Lee

I don't remember the straw Strat from prior posts, David - really nice.

Thanks Alan. Yep, the "Strat" is new - an eBay bargain for $60 shipped. Once I get it into shape properly it will be a nice hat. I couldn't really claim it is a Stratoliner, or even a Stetson. It has one of those generic Stetson sweatbands, no markings other than the logo. I'm not sure it is original to the hat - although it does have a size tag. No other markings or labels at all.

Is you Stetson today the one I saw? If not, it is very similar.

David, beauty of a Panastrat.

Thanks, Jeff. Your Borsalino looks good today, I see what you mean about the brim - looks to be way over 2 inches. The bigger brim from later looks better though!

David, sharp Stratoliner look for you today. Looks very good!

Thanks, Manfred. Good to see you still enjoying the Mayser.

David – very nice Strat – the shape looks good in a panama.

Thanks, Richard. Even with the beating up during shipping, I'm very happy with the hat. Your Huckle is a great shade of green.

Sam - you always get me thinking of getting a wider ribbon on my Campdraft (or maybe an Open Road)

Josh, Congrats! Great photos and hat! You need to get the rest of the band in hat!

Manfred, Riva looks fantastic! Also your Mayser PB! I have been enjoying the photos!

Andy, Your Akubra Cattleman looks right at home at the Rocky River Nature Preserve! Super!

Last edited:

ManofKent

Jeff - A nice change of hat.

Sam - Looks great with that wider ribbon. I'm not going to alter my existing Campdraft as t's good to have a bit f variety, but in general I think I'm a wider ribbon fan.

If you did want one of the Huckles it's worth dropping Ari an email - he doesn't keep the web site stock count that up to date so might have more. If you're a true US 7 5/8 though you might find the XL too small - I'm more of a generous US 7 1/2. I'm sure if he had better photos taken of his stock and improved the descriptions he'd have more sales (it's not obvious that except where explicitly stated, all his hats are fur-felt for example). I'm tempted to try one of the pork pies to see what they are like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82