Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A three hat day for me.

I popped into town this morning (with a Christy's linen cap - no photo, but you've seen it plenty of times) to pick up a few bits and passed the town hat shop. Sadly there was a sign up saying the owner is retiring. For men's hats the stock was pretty small - it mainly catered to women, but it's sad to see it go. The remaining stock was on sale so I picked up another Olney Crushable fur-felt, this time in a very dark olive:

My parents took us out for lunch in Sandwich, before a walk along the seafront and pier at Deal. With high temperatures and humidity I wore my coolest hat - a cheap no-name straw:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Rusty, I thank you so much for the kind words and wishes! I will be careful!

Richard, nice hat, looks good and sounds like a bargain!

Qvist, also a welcome from me, nice Stetson hat what you wearing!

Alan, that is an fantastic woven Panama boater, worn with elegance!

Robert, never seen so an amazing color, great hat!

TJ, you wear him great! Nice shirt too!

Tom, the name sounds great and looks deluxe!

Charlie, you know how to wear it, that wavy Panama and it looks very casual on you!

Sam, I know but I am glad to hear, that you have not only this 6 days, if you need more, but I know it's heavy with the kids to make vacation unpaid!
And I am glad to see the nice Carmack again!

Andy, that is truly a wide- brimmed cattleman I guess he get a lot of head time in the future!

David, now that is it! The perfect way.. I love this hat!

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Now here's one I haven't worn forever. For me this dreary and rainy morning in Central Ohio I'm taking my Campaign hat out of the closet and giving it some head time...
Looks cool. I might get one too.

Joao Encarnado, I love the Westerns. That Stetson is one nice lid!
Thank you. I too love Western hats :)

...and the Stetson looks great too, Joao!
Thank you :)

Joao, a cool 3 X Stetson, how many hats are now in your collection?
Thank you. My friends say I have too many. I think I have 15 Western hats.

Joao – You carry the westerns well.
Joao - yep, you do pretty good with Stetsons too!
Thank you :)

20130801.jpg

The Randall 4x Stetson. My friends say I look an Amish...

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bradford Hat

ManofKent, Chepstow...thanks for the compliments guys ;)

Joao, I'm really liking that Randall 4X Stetson. Awesome looking Western my friend.

(ManofKent, Caps and Wide Brim fedoras look good on you IMO. I thought the Huckle looked really good on you. The Olney wasn't bad either.)

Such a nice collection of lids here today. Everybody looked great.

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Friday morning

Another beautiful morning in Cleveland. This week has been absolutely amazing, with temperatures in the upper 70s each day - bright sun, and maybe a shower or two in the evening. And another wonderful day for Friday.

Today I'm wearing my Taupe Fawn Camp Draft. Most of my clothes are warm earth tones or blues, and this fedora will go with anything I typically wear.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
The vacation is nearly to end, the last day in Riva del Garda!
Some last pics, some memories, a great Country with great people, I have many nice things seen and with a bit of melancholy,
I drive this night back to Germany!

4g3o.jpg

wrne.jpg

VTporkpie

Familiar Face
A three hat day for me.

I popped into town this morning (with a Christy's linen cap - no photo, but you've seen it plenty of times) to pick up a few bits and passed the town hat shop. Sadly there was a sign up saying the owner is retiring. For men's hats the stock was pretty small - it mainly catered to women, but it's sad to see it go. The remaining stock was on sale so I picked up another Olney Crushable fur-felt, this time in a very dark olive:

That sir is one fine looking hat! How does the crushable felt look/feel up close? I'm not familiar with Olney but I'm always looking for a crushable fur felt.
Thanks and looking sharp!
Nick

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Like Andy's part of the USA the temps in Minnesota have been very mild this past week. This morning it was 62'F during my dog walk and trip to our local coffee shop. Casual dress, including my VS Wanderer (granite) is my attire.

IMG_5715-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82