Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamaH

A-List Customer
GamaH, The Silverbelly Optimo, now that's a hat! To repeat MoK's question, Is that a 3 inch brim? I love that wide brim.

Yeah, 3 inch brim. Anything less and it starts to look stingy on me. It's quite weird, because much more and it overwhelms, due to the fact that I'm not particularly tall. Heck, I'm short.

Last edited:
Excellent Robert... I thought to wear its sibling today, but the sun encouraged me to straw.

073013.jpg

Knox fine boater.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao - you're rocking that Black Gold!
Joao - Lovely view and a fine looking hat
Thank you :D

Joao, terrific pic from the Ocean, you live in an wonderful area!
This is like 60 Kms from my home. I get very different views in around 100 Kms.
I wish I had taken more pictures…

Monday at the office before heading out to play golf, old worn Stetson.
Love this one :D

The sun is starting to show it's heat again… temperature is rising… Think I must start using straw again.
20130730.jpg

A 3x Resistol.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Andy - nice colour

TJ - I know you're not a big fan of black hats, but that Squatter looks good on you.

Sam - that hat's got a lot of character

GTDean - Nice hat - which of the photos more truly represents the felt colour?

GDurand - Very sharp looking in that Lee.

Robert - I love that felt colour.

Alan - Lovely boater and you wear it so naturally.

GamaH - Brim width is a funny thing. I had my hair and beard cut too short on Sunday, and the stingies don't look right at the moment, whereas my broader brims look fine. I'd assumed it would work the other way round...

Thank you Joao and Richard... different styles, both somewhat out of the ordinary but both seem easy to wear.

So much great activity in this thread. I really enjoy seeing your photos. :eusa_clap

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Jeez, so many good ones today.
T Jones I like that all black one, but I know what you mean about changing the trim. I think I'd wear more black hats if they had grey ribbons, or something else to break up the solid color. Strangely, on many other colors I actually prefer the tone on tone scheme.

Joao, you are the resistol king!

G. Durand, the Lee is stunning. I always seem to say that about whatever you don.

I'm continuing to enjoy my westerners. Thank you auto correct. Westerns. Been wearing my Carmack megahat all day, but in its current state, or mine, it doesn't seem so mega anymore.

Apologies for not commenting on everyone due to this cumbersome kindle.

va7y3u8e.jpg

Oh yeah, gtdean, I was wondering if you had posted a closeup of that stamped leather band. Nice crm!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I am channeling summer weather by wearing mid-summer attire. Today is 73'F, party cloudy with moments of showers. Panama and a hawaiian shirt (Patagonia) are helping me envision 80's and sun.

IMG_5700-M.jpg

Hmm, feeling the warmth, perhaps I will go for an evening swim in the lake. Best, Eric -

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Eric, how was the swim? ;) Good thing you had that straw to keep your head cool in this sweltering late July heat. lol
Wow, David! I like it! cool safari pug.
Garrett, truly a fine specimen with that C&K. Always enjoy your horn and keys shots as well. What wine are you drinking?

Tom, thanks for that closeup-- I don't think I've ever seen a stitched leather band before, that I can recall. Man that is cool!

Garrett

Garrett, truly a fine specimen with that C&K. Always enjoy your horn and keys shots as well. What wine are you drinking?

Thanks, the wine is 2008 Masciarelli Montepulciano D'Abruzzo red.

ManofKent

Joao - that Resistol looks great

TJ - maybe a deep wine red or a steel grey might give you the look you want. I'd go for the latter, but can see the former working well.

Bowlerman - I like that combination of felt and ribbon.

Eric - great hat and shirt. A lake to swim in sounds great. I've been making use of the town pool a bit this summer - not quite as nice, but we do have an open air one at least.

David - nice Pugaree.

Tom - thanks, it's a nice shade. I'm not a big fan of leather bands but the stitching on that one looks great.

Garrett - that sure is a beauty.

G.Durand - The Mallory looks great. Nice to see the back of the hat too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82