Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Sam and Richard, thanks for the comments about the Mayser!

Sam, I don't want to make you jeaolus! Sorry to hear that. 6 days are much to less vacation in a year.
In Germany we have / or most of us have 30 days, included me, paid vacation, without holidays! Holidays paid also, if it is normaly a workday.
PS. Love your fat ribboned CD!

Jeff, sharp new hat, sharp look with the wide ribbon!

Richard, great to see the Hückel on you! I guess It's more a hunting or Trachten hat in this color. I have seen it on the web side.
Do you know what for felt it is, I mean the other hats on this side. Fur or Wool!

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Richard, great to see the Hückel on you! I guess It's more a hunting or Trachten hat in this color. I have seen it on the web side.
Do you know what for felt it is, I mean the other hats on this side. Fur or Wool!

Ari confirmed that unless marked Draylon etc. they're all fur-felt.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
VS or Optimo? Just wear both - VS/Optimo Dualist

smugshot_644736-L.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Thursday Morning

There were some very nice hats yesterday. I was a bit busy spending time with my daughter and her "father" from Costa Rica who is visiting for the week. When our daughter was a junior in high school, she was a foreign exchange student for the year, living with a Costa Rican family and attending a Costa Rican school. We've also hosted a student from Norway - our "second daughter" Yara and have been heavily involved with intercultural exchange. Manuel is visiting the US for the month, invited by a number of churches - as he is a pastor.

Today's hat is my Australia Market Cattleman. This has a large brim. But I'll get accustomed to it, just as I've gotten accustomed to tall crowns.

casechopper

Thanks David,

ManofKent: Thanks, I wouldn't modify my first campdrafts ribbon but I liked the look of this one when I saw it for sale with the wider ribbon. Having both a wide ribbon variant and the original thin ribbon I find that I reach for the wide ribbon more but still like the classic thin ribbon as well. The Huckel probably would be too small. I can wear many 7 5/8 hats but only if they're on the larger side of 7 5/8.

Manfred: Jealous in a good way :cool: I can take a months vacation if I want but with most of it unpaid it would be pretty difficult to make it work financially. Before having as many kids as I have now I did take about a month of unpaid vacation a year and it does make a big difference in how much you can do to have that much time to work with.

Orangegrad: Nice cattleman! They make great work hats.

For today Carmack Whiskey
IMG_6706.JPG

IMG_6705.JPG

Late for the party again, (in the interest of full disclosure) a pic from last week with today's PHD "Special Reserve" Panama. As this one gets "wonky" brimmed from handling and humidity it turns into what I think is an ultimate chi-chi hat, of a fine panama with a "too-busy-to-care" look. View attachment 3091

Sam, you rock that look of whiskey!

OrangeG, That wide brim and tall crow heightens your mensch factor...! Great smiles lately.

DavidH, every time I see that Dualist, I check for available funds.

Chepstow, thanks for the shout-out, my friend... I missed you all, too!

Alan thank you for the close up side by side of the leghorns. If you Google the term, cartoons come up with "Foghorn" Leghorn.

Jeff, apologies if I've ruined your ability wear green hats. It's only temporary. You have too many good ones in grreat green-grays!

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Very nice Gents! Love the collection of hats today!

For me this beautiful early afternoon in Central Ohio I'm sporting my Bradford LTD.

oplc.jpg

Alan, you're dragging a kid from Buffalo NY to Stillwater Oklahoma? Do they know this? Wow, talk about Culture Shock.

:D

Later

The other OSU... :) but our older daughter is headed to Tulsa tomorrow morning for training for her new job. We cover a lot of bases from the Queen City.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I feel like I say it every time you wear it but I love that ribbon man lol. I love the carefree aspect of it
Thanks David,

ManofKent: Thanks, I wouldn't modify my first campdrafts ribbon but I liked the look of this one when I saw it for sale with the wider ribbon. Having both a wide ribbon variant and the original thin ribbon I find that I reach for the wide ribbon more but still like the classic thin ribbon as well. The Huckel probably would be too small. I can wear many 7 5/8 hats but only if they're on the larger side of 7 5/8.

Manfred: Jealous in a good way :cool: I can take a months vacation if I want but with most of it unpaid it would be pretty difficult to make it work financially. Before having as many kids as I have now I did take about a month of unpaid vacation a year and it does make a big difference in how much you can do to have that much time to work with.

Orangegrad: Nice cattleman! They make great work hats.

For today Carmack Whiskey
IMG_6706.JPG

IMG_6705.JPG

Qvist

Familiar Face
New member and a hat lover from Finland.

It was raining today so I was wearing my Stetson Biscoe Vita-Felt.

9418219462_3378937e29_z.jpg

Last edited:

ManofKent

David - that Dualist is truly sharp looking.

Sam - I've said it before, but that whiskey colour is great.

hatsRme - that hat has a great attitude :)

GTDean - always great to see that Moonstone.

TJones - that Bradford looks great - you wear the higher crowns well.

Robert -very nice, and good to see you getting the images posted again.

Alan - neither looks bad for their age ;)

Qvist - welcome to the forum, and keep posting. That Stetson looks good with that shirt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82