Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Isn't there a Stetson thread somewhere like the Dobbs Dinner or Lee Lounge ... can't seem to locate it!

I think that the Stetsons are broken up into smaller sections. For example, Playboys, Open Roads, Whippets, pre-40s Westerns, etc.

Otherwise, a Stetson Stable would soon become a Stetson Stampede!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
DJH, love that Adam, and I echo Zetwal's envy of your weather lol.

Nothing mainstream about that Mr. Mainstreet. Looks smashing, David.

Brando and David, great photos... it's a glorious summer day here too. I wore a sweater this morning.

Seemed like a perfect day for the Mr. Mainstreet!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thanks everyone. It has indeed been a perfect day today. Started in the low 60's and now (about 5.50 EDT) about 80. Not too shabby.

I really like Mr. Mainstreet - very happy that Josh decided not to keep it. Quite a unique hat.

Oh Alan, I love those black and white portraits of you and your lovely wife!

Brando11

A-List Customer
gtdean48- I love Art's hats too, but I have never seen one that looks as rugged looking as your ArtLite. His hats always look brand new on the Forum here. What a great look! What model is that?

As for the crease, thanks, I like it too. It sort of developed by itself- I kept trying to massage it into a teardrop crown with a tight front pinch, but it seemed to fall into this center-dent arrowhead looking crease independent of anything I tried to do, quite similar to yours. I've never creased a hat this way before, but it really fits the hat and I like it a lot.

Last edited:
gtdean48- I love Art's hats too, but I have never seen one that looks as rugged looking as your ArtLite. His hats always look brand new on the Forum here. What a great look! What model is that?

As for the crease, thanks, I like it too. It sort of developed by itself- I kept trying to massage it into a teardrop crown with a tight front pinch, but it seemed to fall into this center-dent arrowhead looking crease independent of anything I tried to do, quite similar to yours. I've never creased a hat this way before, but it really fits the hat and I like it a lot.

Thanks Brando. It is not one of Art's named models. I knew the ArtLite bodies were going to be limited, so I asked Art what colors he had left. I jumped on the ArtLite Natural body he had. I asked for a 2 7/8" brim like a Campdraft but with an underwelt instead of bound edge. The crown is 5 5/8" open crown with star pattern vent holes on the sides. Open Road style ribbon treatment.

Your crease reminds me of this one. I saved the photo because it is just a classic crease to me...
vintageOR2.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
A pair of hats today, both from that nice Mr Stetson.

This morning, heading for the office with my Playboy. This evening, out with the doggies with my Royal DeLuxe OR wannabe beater

photo-1-L.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
DJH; Nice lids for the cooler Friday weather. The hats and you make the cut in my book. Very styling. Hey, I missed seeing you shortly ago, as I too walking our dogs. :D BTW; I wore my gray Stetson Open Road. My neighbors used to refer to me as the short balding guy with the curly dogs. I am now, according to my wife as the guy with a hat and the curly dogs. I say that is an improvement.

Eric -

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great Friday doubleheader!

Thanks Alan. The Royal DeLuxe has proven to be a great buy and getting lots of wear for hiking and getting dirty.

DJH; Nice lids for the cooler Friday weather. The hats and you make the cut in my book. Very styling. Hey, I missed seeing you shortly ago, as I too walking our dogs. :D BTW; I wore my gray Stetson Open Road. My neighbors used to refer to me as the short balding guy with the curly dogs. I am now, according to my wife as the guy with a hat and the curly dogs. I say that is an improvement.

Eric -

Eric, we must have just missed you this evening! :D

I'm loving this cooler weather - about 57 this morning and high 70's this evening; just right.

We have a great park for walking the dogs, with trails that meander along by the river and the old power canal for the mills. A fantastic resource, right in the city. I seem to recall your dogs being a bit bigger than ours - ours are both Bostons.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
David; Bostons are dandy companion dogs. I have visited N.H. when working within corp. america and enjoyed the plethora of outdoor spaces the locals offered. Truly some enjoyable outdoor scenery with fine access. All to often in my travels I found areas with fine outdoor spaces, but no or limited access. Our Port. Water dogs are enjoying the cool upper 60's this evening. Humans, and dogs and are all enjoying the cooler weather. I am hatted (still O.R.) on the deck connected to the internet with pressed coffee at my side -ahh small luxuries.

See you in the morning on the walk. Eric -

Back to Fedora speak.

Last edited:

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
I think that the Stetsons are broken up into smaller sections. For example, Playboys, Open Roads, Whippets, pre-40s Westerns, etc.

Otherwise, a Stetson Stable would soon become a Stetson Stampede!

Got it!!! Just wasn't looking in the right spot ...

Thanks everyone for all the compliments!!!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Today my wife Bethany and I enjoyed an execrable round of golf, then sought solace at King Estates, a rather majestic winery where the pinot noir rises to any occasion.

DSCF1013.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Some pictures of my recent trip to Canada. My wife and I went to Montreal and then Ottawa to look at some Caravaggio paintings on view at the National Gallery.

Quick flight to Burlington, VT and then drive, drive, drive!

Lake Champlain:
IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

Time for a small nap!

IMG_1378.jpg

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Final destination: Ottawa!

Sinister clouds above the city when we got there produced this wonderful landscape scene: Panoramic shot.

panoramic1.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

The flying Vagabond!

IMG_1598.jpg

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Slapped in the face!

IMG_1515.jpg

Right before the Caravaggios, this masterpiece from nature:

IMG_1475.jpg

Photography inside the galleries not allowed, but here's a shot of the outside and lobby.

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member