Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Josh, that Mystery Stetson looks incredible! Well done. :eusa_clap

Alan, those are great shots.

DJH, love that Adam, and I echo Zetwal's envy of your weather lol.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
081011.jpg

Lee select panama for me.

Refined and classy as always, Alan. I think you should buy a nice Panama for Donna as well...

Nothing mainstream about that Mr. Mainstreet. Looks smashing, David.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Beauty is everywhere, and one need only look to find it. To quote Confucius: "Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it."

Your Panama looks fabulous despite its ineffectiveness in repelling the skeeters. This has been an unusually bad Summer for mosquitos everywhere...

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
You only say that because you've never been in a bidding war with him. He's fierce I tell you...

'Tis a nice hat though.

Reminds me, I need to send you that ADAM Executive one of these days.

Cristen? That explains the smile ;)

Your Mystery Stetson is looking really good as well - oh, my desk has never been that clean :D:D

Here's a man that looks comfortable and confident in his hat.

Nice hat and picture ¡¡¡¡ Cosi blanco ¡¡¡¡

Joshbru3; That hat works great for you. As an aside, your work space is way neat....wow.

Eric -

Josh, that Mystery Stetson looks incredible! Well done. :eusa_clap

WOW, THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS!!! I'm really thrilled with all the positive response to the mystery Stetson. My desk isn't always that neat, but I try to keep it that way. It just gives me more places to put my hat. :):) HAHA. What's interesting is that I actually feel more confident walking out of the house with a tall crown than a super wide brim. Anything over a 2 1/2 inch brim doesn't really look that good on me because I have a fairly long face. But the tall crowns just seem to look better on me than the shorter crowns. Even the rounder profile 50's crowns seem to look "different" on me than a nice straight 30's crown. This hat is so light and comfortable, most of the time I don't even know that I'm wearing it. If anything is a testament to vintage felt, this hat is. I would love to see a newly made Stetson get knocked around and crushed for 70 years and then just come back to life. I doubt it would happen. I've owned a modern Borsalino Alessandria and let me say that the felt was garbage. The first time that I steamed the hat the brim lost all shape, the crown wouldn't take a crease very well, and I constantly had to reshape the hat. Since I shaped the crown and brim of the Mystery Stetson, it hasn't lost shape once. I LOVE VINTAGE FELT. There.....IS.....A.....Difference for all the non believers. :D

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Cooled off just enough that I could stand to get my newest addition out 1950's Royal DeLux .... love the way this hat looks on me!!! Isn't there a Stetson thread somewhere like the Dobbs Dinner or Lee Lounge ... can't seem to locate it!

dc25eafa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust