Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Jerekson

One Too Many
Oh no, from the single picture I can tell you it is signifigantly later than '54. 80's, possibly even 90's. You can tell right off the bat from the box-like chest and waist.

Jovan

Suspended
The dropped belt loops and the front waistband, under crotch, to back waistband measurement (32.5" -- I asked the seller) seem to indicate otherwise, but we'll see. If I was had, I'll look into getting a return of my payment.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Jerekson said:
Oh no, from the single picture I can tell you it is signifigantly later than '54. 80's, possibly even 90's. You can tell right off the bat from the box-like chest and waist.

No way. The cut and style, while it is what became quite common for many years, is perfectly right for the mid fifties. the fabric secondly, the tag is very definitely 50s. I ahve seen many from this company. And the cut of the pants, and the contrast stitching on the seams of the pants all say fifties to me. Not really exciting because it doesn't look so distinctly vintage, but looks like a well made well cut suit that would be perfectly acceptable in the office, but much better quality. Just looked again and you can see the date on the tag. September something 195_. Good score.

Jerekson said:

lol lol lol lol Good one.

Clearly September 25 1954. (and quite obviously not a 1980s suit. Absolutely everything about it is saying mid-1950s. Everything about it.)

bk

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Good job, Jerekson!

Were it not for the Baron (killjoy :p ) , Jovan may have jumped off the ledge.

Rooster

Practically Family
Great buy, even though we don't know what you paid. I got a blue suit off the 'bay last summer of the same era. Killer suit that you just can't buy for ANY money today. Perfect fit, super material, Very high quality, all things you would have to pay over 1K for in today's world of suits.
Congrats, we must have pictures of you in it. :eusa_clap

Feraud

Bartender
I like blue suits.
Here are some of mine.
Picture6081.jpg

DSC03486.jpg

Picture5716.jpg

Bogie

One of the Regulars
My first vintage suit

Well, it took me a while, but I finally managed to get my first vintage suit. :D

I always wanted to have atleast one before the market went completely dry, it is going to need some altering though. Me being a 38R, I suspect the jacket would make a nice blanket until I trim it down a bit.

Despite e-bay fraud, It looks like the real McCoy, but even if it isn't, any day you get a suit under a hundred bucks is a good day by my standards.

Any thoughts fellas?

P.S. Feraud, it's blue.

Feraud

Bartender
Bogie said:
Well, it took me a while, but I finally managed to get my first vintage suit. :D

I always wanted to have atleast one before the market went completely dry, it is going to need some altering though. Me being a 38R, I suspect the jacket would make a nice blanket until I trim it down a bit.

Despite e-bay fraud, It looks like the real McCoy, but even if it isn't, any day you get a suit under a hundred bucks is a good day by my standards.

Any thoughts fellas?

P.S. Feraud, it's blue.
I like the cut of the suit. The lapels are great! I wonder if the jacket is pinned back or cut as nice as it looks. It is a fine looking suit at a great price. What more can you ask for in a first vintage piece?

Jerekson

One Too Many
I thought perhaps my lack of any smileys would be taken as a serious gesture, but I'm glad someone was able to figure my sarcasm out :p Nice job BK.

I was wondering how long it would take all of you to see that date :p

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Dagwood said:
Rooster - That is very nice!! I see what you mean - they're the same, but different.

I'll see your sportscoat, and raise. :) The union tag is frayed ('49-'68 ACWA with red numbering). The tie is Towncraft Deluxe.

pict0006pi1.jpg
pict00072et5.jpg

pict0011ci1.jpg
pict00052gg2.jpg

That is a swell lookin' sport's coat... very 50's!

Now, I have somethin' to say... in my eyes, the fit is wrong. That coat is small on you I'm afraid. The post war look was fuller, had more room... it's tight on you. And sorry to say, not very flattering. I have to pass up on many good items because of the same reason... too small!:(

Just my two bits.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
Wow, i'm going back through the years here. Ben, that is remarkable. Almost as if the tailor shop had the guy who usually sews the morning coats have a go at a suit jacket. "Norman! what're you doing? It's not a morning coat!! Why with the underarm stitching?" . . . "Sorry boss". "Oh, well, the customer won't notice anyway, or we'll fobb 'im off with some story about a new innovation . . . English Drape, we'll call it."

Seriously, that's a really weird feature.

bk

Well my friend, the "Quilted lining" on this coat isn't as uncommon as you may think... I've seen this a number of times in suits of the 30's and also in uniforms of WWII... mostly only Officer's tunics. I own a suit which most of you all have seen... it was made in Canada on Aug. 11 1941. It has a quilted lining in the same place... well, just about. But, what it is, is a detail that cost extra and not many tailors did it.

I thinik it's amazing, a wonderful detail in coat construction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe