Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Style Fall '07

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
carter said:
Just received my replacement copy of issue 1!

Now I have to put it somewhere safe.

Has anyone out there ever made a slipcase for magazines?

I think we need one. I know I'd make the purchase.

:fedora:

When I was really broke I cut cereal boxes and covered them with gift wrap to use as magazine holders. I've upgraded to wooden ones from IKEA--they have them made from various materials from .49-6.99 each. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/rooms/workspace/10567/

Ecuador Jim

A-List Customer
Nice tease

Because of my travels, I tend not to be a subscriber to anything. MK, you've forced me to re-think that position. Despite the lively discussion (or perhaps because of), I'd like to say that I think you walk a perfect line between then and now. I want to be informed well enough that I csn go to a clothier, select a suit, and feel confident that it will reflect that classic look. The forum here and your magazine address my concerns in that regard.

Keep up the excellent work. I'd love to contribute on the topic of cognac, if there is ever the need! :D

carter

I'll Lock Up
:eek:fftopic:

If I may, I'd like to take a moment to clear the air on an earlier post I made on this thread.

I reacted, perhaps overreacted, to a post made by Forgotten Man, a recent addition to the Fedora Lounge.
While I disagreed with his post, I could have responded in a more moderate tone.

I would like to publically apologize to Forgotten Man and the members of the Fedora Lounge.

I am in favor of moderation in all things. In this case, I failed to follow my own advice.

Please accept my apology.

Carter

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carter said:

If I may, I'd like to take a moment to clear the air on an earlier post I made on this thread.

I reacted, perhaps overreacted, to a post made by Forgotten Man, a recent addition to the Fedora Lounge.
While I disagreed with his post, I could have responded in a more moderate tone.

I would like to publically apologize to Forgotten Man and the members of the Fedora Lounge.

I am in favor of moderation in all things. In this case, I failed to follow my own advice.

Carter

If Forgotten accepts your apology (do it, Forgotten) all is well.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
carter said:

Carter

Apology accepted Captain' Nita
darth_vader_closeup.jpg

And I apologize for any harmful words on my behalf.

FM~

moustache

Practically Family
I just received my fall issue of Classic Style:This has to be THE best issue so far!! EVERY article was a smasher and i have no doubts many will echo this.

Splendid effort MK and the gang!!!!

JD

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
moustache said:
I just received my fall issue of Classic Style:This has to be THE best issue so far!! EVERY article was a smasher and i have no doubts many will echo this.

JD

Oooh! Good news--the cross country wait begins in earnest!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
"An Eternal Classic"

I just got my issue of "Classic Style" and I am very impressed with it. I enjoyed everything about it. The fashion editorials were excellent and the articles were the best yet.

And, in the interest of full disclosure, I am not just saying this because I wrote the article on the trench coat, entitled "An Eternal Classic." I am very proud of this piece and I encourage you all to run out and get it.

I would love to hear what you think. :)

Marty M.

Vendor
Wow. Best yet.

Great job MK. Each issue continues to be better then the previous issue. There are no other men's magazine's that can compete with your's. Those other magazine must be from a different planet, because I don't know a single person that dresses that way. And quite frankly, I don't want to. I buy those other magazines because as a Clothier I have to. It takes me less then ten minutes to go through their entire issue, then into the recycling bin.
On the flip side, it takes me day's to get through a "Classic Style" issue. I find myself re-reading the articles. Each issue has been articulate and informative. That tells me that the average shelf life for an issue of Classic Style is longer then those other magazines. And as an advertiser, I like that. Keep it going MK.
"May your success rate be high, and your advertising rates be low".

Marty Mathis

kschurch

Vendor
Haven't recieved my issue yet!

I discovered CS in the magazine section of B & N and didn't really look at it until I returned home. I immediately ordered the two back issues and filled my subscription. If not for CS I wouldn't have found the "Lounge" and all the nice people who share the interest.

Keep up the great work!!

Church

panamag8or

Practically Family
moustache said:

JD

I haven't gotten it yet (not a subscriber), but is the fountain pen article good? I hope it doesn't just focus on Nakamis and Lamies and all the new pens out there. A little love for my old Parkers and Sheaffers will make me happy. I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning, when I race down to the bookstore!

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Now this...

... is really turning into a spectacular product. My subscription issue arrived yesterday and I have been through it thoroughly. Tim's article on the trench coat is VERY informative and well written, Richard's Bogie article is insightful, and the photo spread features REAL men in real clothes. And, it was good to see Marty featured prominently in the Minneapolis article. I've yet to read the article about John Hamm or the article about fountain pens... I'm doling out the pleasure a night-at-a-time.

MK, I know this is a labor of love for you and all of your contributing writers. It's exciting to know that the magazine is really taking off. Congratulations again!

Fred H.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Funny enough, my copy of CS arrived the same day as the new issues of "GQ" and "Men's Vogue." Guess which one I immediately opened and scanned cover to cover - read - then read again?

Another great issue MK! And I agree Tim did a great job on trenchcoat piece. The editorial also had me cheering - that is exactly why I subscribe to CS. (However - no offense to Ms. Landeau - she wasn't exactly my idea of a "bombshell" - she is no Lolita Haze.)

I hope to be soon contributing an interview with George Hamilton on the classic Hollywood lifestyle, as soon as he finishes his starring role as Billy Flynn in "Chicago" on Broadway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe