Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

220px-Sabata_DVD_cover.jpg
220px-Adios_Sabata_DVD_cover.jpg
Return+of+Sabata.jpg

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
The new two-part PBS American Masters documentary on Woody Allen.

It was very good... though I've been an Allen follower for so long (since his TV appearances of the sixties!), and have seen/read nearly all the previous films/books about him, so there wasn't much that I didn't already know. But it was well done and pretty comprehensive. Highly recommended.

djd

Practically Family
Just watching one of the wonderful Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes series. Doesn't get much better than that as far as I'm concerned!

Just watching one of the wonderful Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes series. Doesn't get much better than that as far as I'm concerned!

Definitely well portrayed by him. A detective who was so far above the rest that even a smart man such as Watson just couldn't keep up. :D
Interesting how Conan Doyle was actually the physical manifestation of Watson. :D He looked just as Watson is described but had the deductive reasoning of Holmes together in one person. :p He actually saved the life of one person wrongly accused of a crime by using said methods.

Dan Rodemsky

One of the Regulars
Definitely well portrayed by him. A detective who was so far above the rest that even a smart man such as Watson just couldn't keep up. :D
Interesting how Conan Doyle was actually the physical manifestation of Watson. :D He looked just as Watson is described but had the deductive reasoning of Holmes together in one person. :p He actually saved the life of one person wrongly accused of a crime by using said methods.
Or else he was acting on instructions from the real Holmes. Jeremy Brett had a sad but interesting life. People who knew him said that he got so consumed by the role that it led to ill health and eventually his death. Toward the end of the series he is not looking very good. While I like the Rob ert Downey Jr. version, some of the action hero stuff required by today's audience puts me off. Jude Law as the not-bumbling Watson is a good choice too.
Doyle may have been able to think like Holmes in print, but in real life he was an uncritical believer in all kinds of mystical nonesense. It cost him his friendship with Harry Houdini.

Or else he was acting on instructions from the real Holmes. Jeremy Brett had a sad but interesting life. People who knew him said that he got so consumed by the role that it led to ill health and eventually his death. Toward the end of the series he is not looking very good. While I like the Rob ert Downey Jr. version, some of the action hero stuff required by today's audience puts me off. Jude Law as the not-bumbling Watson is a good choice too.
Doyle may have been able to think like Holmes in print, but in real life he was an uncritical believer in all kinds of mystical nonesense. It cost him his friendship with Harry Houdini.

Conan Doyle became a believer in Spiritualism later in his life and that actually led to his death. He tried to spread the word even when he was in ill health. A heart attack ended it all. Houdini was a debunker of mediums and the like. That kind of makes sense. If you read Doyles treatise on Spiritualism then you might see how his mind worked at that time. His mother had died and he had lost several members of his family in the Great War. Sometimes these happenings tend to color a world view.
Interesting how Brett and Conan Doyle both died consumed by a passion.

Cricket

Practically Family
The family and I were able to catch an episode of Hee Haw. I use to watch that show all the time when I was a kid. Brought back a lot of memories, and the kids were laughing just like I use to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe