Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

It being near Halloween, I decided to make my way through season 1 of Grimm again. Been so long, I'd forgotten how each episode is loosely based off the original Grimm's' Fairy Tales. It's definitely jumped the shark in subsequent seasons, hence the upcoming final season in January. Here's hoping it won't be as painful to watch as it more than likely will be. *cringe* At least not for Monroe, an interesting, funny character that kept me watching in the first place.
Monroe is what kept us (as well as the Superman looking Grimm) watching as well until it went to Stupidsville.
:D

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
The Big Bang Theory. Penny get an invitation to a Comic-Con, for her staring roll in Serial Ape-ist and Serial Ape-ist 2: Monkey See, Monkey Kill! Very funny.

I just attended a Comic Con in Tulsa last weekend! It was my first one - and it was VERY interesting. Took my daughter to see her hero and celebrity crush, Sebastian Stan (he played Bucky Barnes, aka The Winter Soldier in the Captain America movies).

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Supernatural.
Not as strong of an episode as the first two, but still good. The conflict they've introduced this season is spectacular. *SPOILER* Genius move to bring Mary back.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Roy: "Moss, are you really a member of a lonely hearts club"?

Moss: "I'm a 32 year-old man who works in IT in a basement. Yes Roy, I'm a member of a lonely hearts club"!

So, so many awesome quotes from this show. A friend told me that Chris O'Dowd (Roy) is also in a show Moone Boy that is supposed to be really good.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Salem's Lot" - The original mini-series directed by Tobe Hooper. Not as chilling as the first time I saw it as I had no idea what to expect but still pretty scary. First half is kinda slow but the second half.... sheee ya! It's version of Mr. Barlow the vampyr is the scariest since "Nosferatu" back in the 20's. Green/Grey skin, bald, about 7 feet tall and nails about half a foot long. Glowing yellow eyes and yellow fangs round out this ensemble of terror. First time I saw him/it.... was NOT the proudest moment of my life.

Worf

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Life in Pieces. I love this show. As stupid as some of the situations are, I laugh a lot. Great cast with great chemistry and timing.

Better Things. I think I like this show a little. Seriously. I've warmed to it as I continue to ask myself why I'm watching it. It's like people watching at an event where nobody shows. Uneventful. Not interesting. Not profound. Just funny enough to maybe make you grin here or there. If the people involved didn't have some clout, I can't see how this would have ever made it to TV. Then again, SexDrugs&RockNRoll got two or three seasons on FX.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Rectify. final season opener. Daniel continuing to have a single emotion for 60 minutes. A profound, insightful diatribe with his counselor, but holy cow was it ever forced and just thrown at the audience. It didn't help that it was out of character to puke out his inner most self in this volume. Yes, he was about to burst and had to get it out, but the scene felt unnatural to me; as if the writers really, really wanted to say these things, but when and where wasn't important. For those who like Caitlin FitzGerald (Libby) from Masters of Sex, she appears to be in a significant role here. Decent episode.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"90 Day Fiancée" - Don't ask me how or why. Just what I needed to see to remind me how much I HATE "reality" TV. Nigerian, Russian and Dominican scammers preying on the gullible and stupid. Lord have mercy....

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82