Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Walt

One of the Regulars
The RTV network just started with a whole series of new (to them) vintage shows last week including many cop shows from the 50's/60's/70's where you can see vintage dress including men wearing real hats. They're even showing the series Movin' on (that brief run truck driver show from the early 70's that has never been syndicated). Talk about a trip down memory lane. That show had lots of location shooting from all over the US (since they are long haul truck drivers going everywhere).

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Wow! Keep talkin'! Ya'll are makin' me feel young!! LOL! I do recall my parents watching Hee Haw in the early 80's, though...*feels old again* :p

You must be close to my dad's age then. He was born in 59. I love all those old shows you mentioned. I watched 'Leave it to Beaver' and my favorite on TV Land, 'The Andy Griffith Show'

The whole place is like that. Miss the 50's/60's/70's, come visit! lol

I grew up in the 60's and early 70's, (I think I stopped growing in 1975 to be exact). Those old shows bring back memories. Green Acres, Gilligan, Lucy, Petticoat Junction, Beverly Hillbillies... I could go on forever...

I love RTV. I love watching Kojak, Dragnet, Rockford Files, etc. Awesome shows.
The RTV network just started with a whole series of new (to them) vintage shows last week including many cop shows from the 50's/60's/70's where you can see vintage dress including men wearing real hats. They're even showing the series Movin' on (that brief run truck driver show from the early 70's that has never been syndicated). Talk about a trip down memory lane. That show had lots of location shooting from all over the US (since they are long haul truck drivers going everywhere).

Now, you made me feel young! My mom was in High School in the early 80's lol I will be at my parents' house watching Hee Haw with them tomorrow night, though. It's tradition.
Wow! Keep talkin'! Ya'll are makin' me feel young!! LOL! I do recall my parents watching Hee Haw in the early 80's, though...*feels old again* :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
We watch LITB every Sat and Sun morning, 2 episodes on DVD. The Shout Factory ones must be HD even though they don't say it, because those things are so clear you can see the threads on Ward's coat.
DVD for Hee Haw? PM me Tom I've got to know where you got them and I need to look into that.
Another clear although not HD series is The Brady Bunch. I know..Marsha Marsha Marsha, but I find it amusing.
Last thing I watched on tv today? Dragnet 1951 series. Could be worse, my wife could have pulled out That Girl, eww.

DNO

One Too Many
Having grown up in the '50's and '60's a lot of these shows bring back memories. Dragnet, Man from UNCLE, Get Smart, F-Troop, M-Squad, the Ed Sullivan Show, Wanted, Riverboat, and of course Rawhide...a lot of good stuff in those days.

But now...I'm re-watching the first season of Rome. James Purefoy is truly masterful as Marc Antony.

RichardH

One of the Regulars
Last series i watched was Battlestar Galactica (the 21st century one) , it was pretty entertaining! Right now, I'm just finishing season one of Boardwalk Empire, which is brilliant as well. I'm also really looking forward to the 8th and final season of Entourage this july. I love that show.

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
I Love Lucy DVD season 4 disc 4- I'm watching all the Hollywood episodes. I really would like a copy of that hotel room set for my very own. Including the view, sans smog.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I watched the last episode of The Kennedys - so incredibly bad. To be honest I was only watching it for the wardrobe as I had heard the whole thing was a pretty dull affair - and it was. The casting was good though (Greg Kinnear made a good JFK) and Katie Holmes looked a lot like Jackie but her accent was appalling - "Your Daddy just saved the wuuuuuuuuuuhld" - and don't get me started on the person they had portraying Marilyn......:mad:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The first couple of episodes of TNTs show, Falling Skies. Its basically The Walking Dead with aliens, but nowhere near as well written.

What irritates me is stupid character choices for the sake of plot advancement. I mean they catch a prisoner and have an armed guard with him at all times, but they leave a caged alien alone in a lab most of the time and seemed shocked when things go wrong.

They *finally* get a way to communicate with the enemy after the entire set up from the first episode is them complaining that they don't know about them/what they want, and then kill their first chance to talk with it and seem to be okay with that. Astounding!

LD

Isis

One of the Regulars
Deadwood. I don't like westerns as a rule, but I relly love this series and lament the fact that it only had 3 seasons.

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
I'm right there with you as far as Deadwood is concerned!

I recently watched the two seasons of HBO's Carnivale. I liked the dust bowl backgrounds and the gritty characters. Though I thought it took waaay too much time to progress the story. I would have liked to see it more like Supernatural.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I had recently watched The Brady Bunch episode, "The Power of the Press."

[video=youtube;X_d4FHGgR-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_d4FHGgR-A[/video]

Peter also wears a fedora in that episode, while trying to write a news letter for his school.

I should probably mention also, R.I.P. Sherwood Schwartz. He passed away recently, and was most famous for Gilligan's Island and The Brady Bunch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82