Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Part 2 of Top Gear. They found a good use for the 71 Mach 1, they turned it into a pickup truck. More then long enough. Million Dollar American Princesses, with Elizabeth McGovern talking about the inspiration for her caricature. They had a long lasting impact on the UK, even helped bring down a King! After watching this, I have to wonder if King Edward had fallen for a stronger and more intelligent American, like some of the Princesses, if things might have been different?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Greenbay vs. Seattle - The worst gut shot loss I've seen in professional sports since San Antonio's Game 6 loss to the Heat a couple a years ago. I don't know how any organization recovers from that!

Worf

Greenbay vs. Seattle - The worst gut shot loss I've seen in professional sports since San Antonio's Game 6 loss to the Heat a couple a years ago. I don't know how any organization recovers from that!

Worf

Agreed, outright collapse. Something felt wrong on the last interception when the Green Bay player basically slid to stop mid-field instead of trying to advance the ball; it was as if he and the entire GB team felt the game was over. Did I predict they would lose at that point - no, did it give me an uncomfortable feeling - absolutely.

"Grantchester" a new Masterpiece Mystery series that came on after Downton on PBS.

Set in the mid '50s in England, it follows a young parish priest who - it appears - will get involved in solving mysteries. I liked it as it was beautifully filmed and reasonably engaging.

I can see this going in one of two direction. One is it becomes more interesting, pushes envelopes, uses its "small" canvas to explore larger social and political themes of the time and avoids become a another formula show or, two, it becomes another "mystery of the week" wash-rinse-repeat plot wrapped inside a few homogenized characters with predictable quirks that are supposed to make them lovable.

What did others think about it?

Last edited:
Agreed, outright collapse. Something felt wrong on the last interception when the Green Bay player basically slid to stop mid-field instead of trying to advance the ball; it was as if he and the entire GB team felt the game was over. Did I predict they would lose at that point - no, did it give me an uncomfortable feeling - absolutely.

I predicted the game was over and the Seahawks would win when they scored on the fake field goal. Even after the last INT, my wife says "so...HA...what do you think now?" I said "if you think there's any way that the Seahawks are *not* coming back and winning this game, you're nuts." She laughed at me. I wish we'd have put some money on it.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
King George & Queen Mary: The Royals Who Rescued the Monarchy. while the title gives credit to both, it was mainly Mary, or May to her friends. Unfortunately, you can either save the Kingdom, or raise your kids, you Can't do both!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
King George & Queen Mary: The Royals Who Rescued the Monarchy. while the title gives credit to both, it was mainly Mary, or May to her friends. Unfortunately, you can either save the Kingdom, or raise your kids, you Can't do both!

Ain't that the ever lovin' truth. Many who're called to a "higher purpose" often wind up fulfilling it at the expense of their children. Case in point the amazing amount of P.K.'s I've run into over the years. P.K.'s or "Preachers Kids" as we used to call them were usually the most spoiled, dangerous, drunken and leacherous members of the congregation. While dad was out saving souls for (fill in the blank) they were out gettin' into as much dirt as possible. Mebbe Pops should'a spent more time at home.

Worf

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Ain't that the ever lovin' truth. Many who're called to a "higher purpose" often wind up fulfilling it at the expense of their children. Case in point the amazing amount of P.K.'s I've run into over the years. P.K.'s or "Preachers Kids" as we used to call them were usually the most spoiled, dangerous, drunken and leacherous members of the congregation. While dad was out saving souls for (fill in the blank) they were out gettin' into as much dirt as possible. Mebbe Pops should'a spent more time at home.

Worf

One of my best friends growing up was a PK. His brother and both sisters got into a lot of trouble. He was a Heckraiser. Ironically, he was a great athlete, would cry when our Junior High team would lose, he was being scouted by Kansas City, when he blew out his knee! Lost track of him after that.

Worf

Exactly! I still haven't recovered from that San Antonio loss. I had managed to somewhat repress it, but thanks to you, it a freshly opened wound.
:D

Worf

I'll Lock Up
:D
Next, we can talk about the San Jose Sharks play-offs collapse a few years back and Buffalo's loss to Houston many years ago as well.
I think you mean Houston's playoff loss to Buffalo. That my friend was the collapse of all collapses. Right up there with Boston's Game Six loss to the Mets in '86. I personally don't know how any Red Sox fans survived the night. To be on the cusp.. to have victory in your hands... only to drop the trophy on the way to the podium. To watch someone you had beaten, defeated, vanquished, rise like Nosferatu from the coffin to steal the bread from your mouth... the wine from your cup!

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe