Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
What "Lucy" are you referring to? And "The Walking Dead" premier was outstanding in every way. I personally don't think "Terminus Boy" is dead... we will see him again.

Worf

William Shatner's Get a Life! A pretty good documentary. I have moor respect for Trekkies now. As one pointed out, no worse then people that get all wrapped up in sports while sitting on the couch!
I missed that one, but I did watch Shatner's The Captains (a.k.a. The Captains Close Up) in which he speaks with Patrick Stewart, Avery Brooks, Kate Mulgrew, Scott Bakula, and Chris Pine about their involvement and experiences with the Star Trek franchise. According to IMDb.com this was produced for Canadian television and the full mini-series documentary consists of five half-hour episodes featuring considerably more people from Trek. BBC America edited it down to a one-hour episode, which might explain why it felt a little "disjointed".

...Dotor Who is running. New series.... new Doctor is great, but I'm still wishing for Clara's death and Moffat's writing, while not as bad as the absolute nadir that was the 50th anniversary episode or most of the last series, still isn't up to much. the sooner he goes the better.
I don't have a problem with Clara, but I didn't particularly care for the way she suddenly became the lead character this season in every episode except for the most recent; it's almost as though they didn't have faith in Capaldi, who I think is very good in the role. But I completely agree that Moffat needs to find another job, one that has nothing to do with Doctor Who.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
I'd like to know what the point is of showing the last scene of an episode after the credits. The Walking Dead pulled that crap last night. Is that supposed to be clever or arty? It's not like showing bloopers during the credits of a movie. These little gimmicks drive me nuts (like the partial break around the 40-minute mark of 1-hour dramas on the cable networks).

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Pawn Stars.
These 2 were okay, especially the guy trying to sell an effects pedal used by Kurt Cobain.
Well allegedly used by him.
Which is why the $15,000 the seller wanted, turned out to be $500. :D

Edward

Bartender
I'd like to know what the point is of showing the last scene of an episode after the credits. The Walking Dead pulled that crap last night. Is that supposed to be clever or arty? It's not like showing bloopers during the credits of a movie. These little gimmicks drive me nuts (like the partial break around the 40-minute mark of 1-hour dramas on the cable networks).

Did they have a break right before the end credits by any chance? The post-credits sequence has become a convention in some TV areas, especially sitcoms, but that was innovated in US television so there could be an extra ad break added and the post-credit content would keep people on the channel.

That is because you already know it Dysons. :p

Nice expression. I call my Dyson Monica. It's a similar gag.

The season premiere of The Walking Dead was excellent.

I'm looking forward to it. I don't do subscription television, so I won't see it until sometime around April or July next, alas. Unless I can get hold of it on DVD before that.

I don't have a problem with Clara, but I didn't particularly care for the way she suddenly became the lead character this season in every episode except for the most recent; it's almost as though they didn't have faith in Capaldi, who I think is very good in the role. But I completely agree that Moffat needs to find another job, one that has nothing to do with Doctor Who.

Or Sherlock. Or anything worth watching that he can screw up.

Clara.... the big mistake they made was that when she jumped into the Vortex to be split up and help all versions of the Doctor, that should have been the end of her from "our" pov. She has nothing to offer as a character now save tedious stories about herself. It's the same awfulness as happened with the Ponds - they've run out of ideas for her, but have to keep her around so that they can artificially build something big - series end, Christmas Special, or some such - around her leaving. One of the most risible aspects of the show now.

Feraud

Bartender
Did anyone watch the Talking Dead last night? Conan O'Brian was a guest and had some hilarious comments about Gareth. Something along the lines of a frustrated Starbucks coffee server throwing a hissy fit. Funny stuff.

Watching it and I still think that Lawler should have won. For all of Hendricks' whining about the St. pierre fight, he seems to forget the controversial wins he had against Condit and Lawler.
:D

I don't know...it seemed a lot closer this second time around now that I watched it. Never thought I'd say it (thought Lawler won the first time I watched it)..this time honestly I do think Hendricks pulled it out in the last round. :eeek:
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82