Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
Same here. The relative nearness to our time, and the fact that we probably all had ancestors that were directly involved, and the sheer insanity of it is fascinating.
I just watched "The Ghost Army", a documentary about the special unit that created "special effects" that tricked the Germans into diverting forces during key operations of the second war. Most of the members were specially recruited for their creative and artistic abilities, which really made a big difference to our war effort.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Top Gear. They had highlights of their Australian counterparts show. They are a lot more funny then our American host! Aussie humor does seem to be closer to ours then the dry English humor! I still do like the host of the British version, of course, I have never seen the earlier shows!

DNO

One Too Many
Same here. The relative nearness to our time, and the fact that we probably all had ancestors that were directly involved, and the sheer insanity of it is fascinating.
I just watched "The Ghost Army", a documentary about the special unit that created "special effects" that tricked the Germans into diverting forces during key operations of the second war. Most of the members were specially recruited for their creative and artistic abilities, which really made a big difference to our war effort.

If you have a chance, you should have a look at Beneath Hill 60, an Australian film produced in 2010 about tunnellers in WW1. The Trench, from 1999, with Daniel Craig is also worth a look.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
A TR7?! Did it make it around the corner? :p
Amazingly enough, yes!
Of course there is a lot of editing in a show like that.
Plus they probably had a spare TR7 for parts, in case that one broke down.
I'm kidding! WHEN it broke down, and WHERE WOULD THEY FIND ANOTHER TR7 FOR PARTS? :lol:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The TR 6 is probably one of their best models.
I knew 3 people that had one, and even though it was temperamental, they still loved it.
The most memorable one was my uncle's, because it was the first new car he had bought for himself.
It was yellow with brown interior, and the wood dash, I thought that was the neatest thing back then.
Unfortunately I only rode in it twice, and the second time was in the rain with the top up.
Good thing though, because the youngest cousin was in a child seat, while the oldest cousin (we're the same age) and I were riding where the top folds down. I still remember the smell of the leather and oil, and the sound of the exhaust. I also remember my uncle trying to feverishly shift, wipe the fog off the windows, and keep the youngest one from touching the glass, all at the same time. :p

Ice Road Truckers...yeah, while the wife was watching it I was watching some videos on youtube.

Amazingly enough, yes!
Of course there is a lot of editing in a show like that.
Plus they probably had a spare TR7 for parts, in case that one broke down.
I'm kidding! WHEN it broke down, and WHERE WOULD THEY FIND ANOTHER TR7 FOR PARTS? :lol:

Those were HUGE piles of junk. lol lol Let's see, cramped interior, no power, ugly colors available, three gears---forward, reverse and breakdown. Gee, where do I sign up? :rofl:

The TR 6 is probably one of their best models.
I knew 3 people that had one, and even though it was temperamental, they still loved it.
The most memorable one was my uncle's, because it was the first new car he had bought for himself.
It was yellow with brown interior, and the wood dash, I thought that was the neatest thing back then.
Unfortunately I only rode in it twice, and the second time was in the rain with the top up.
Good thing though, because the youngest cousin was in a child seat, while the oldest cousin (we're the same age) and I were riding where the top folds down. I still remember the smell of the leather and oil, and the sound of the exhaust. I also remember my uncle trying to feverishly shift, wipe the fog off the windows, and keep the youngest one from touching the glass, all at the same time. :p

Ice Road Truckers...yeah, while the wife was watching it I was watching some videos on youtube.

Gee, what a wonderful driving experience that sounds like.

Sure blame your wife. You were watching it for the Blonde---don't lie. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Gee, what a wonderful driving experience that sounds like.

Sure blame your wife. You were watching it for the Blonde---don't lie. :p
Actually we watch it for Art.
Dern fool can't find his way out of the parking lot some days.
And for Alex, we really like him.
Good spirited, willing to help out, and he doesn't get into trouble as much as the other ones.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Reruns of Two & A Half Men. The last season of Sheen and the first with Kutcher. Charlie was stoned out of his mind most of the time. In both cases, it was the costars that carried the show! If they wanted to make it funny, just have more of Allan, Berta, The mom, Judith & Herb, Rose, the druggy Pharmacist, Gordon, the middle aged pizza delivery boy, and all the great guest stars. That's what made it funny, not Sheen. Incidentally, Berta, Conchata Ferrell turned 71 this year, not bad, puts her in a hole new light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82