Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
lol lol lol
Counting Cars.

I watched the first (of the two) one last night.
The Route 66 car was really nice.
To say the guy was overwhelmed is putting it mildly.
Then again, he had a budget of $50K(?).
If it didn't turn out that nice, I wouldn't be crying, I'd be swinging!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." - Having a "near mint" copy Nick Fury and SHIELD's origin in "Strange Tales", I admit a bias for this show... But there's nothing like seeing characters or villains from your youth portrayed on T.V. "A.I.M." or Advanced Idea Mechanics and HYDRA... I grew up watching Fury and company battle these ravening hoards... I love it.

Worf

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
I was really looking forward to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Probably the most anticipated show of that period. I barely made it through the first episode, and I could only hack a few minutes of the second episode. The tempo, the cast, the story...I had a difficult time investing in any of it. Maybe it is a generational thing. The feel of it wasn't there for me.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
The Americans is about to kick up again, and I'm ready. I like most FX series (they dumped the best one so far, Terriers), but they don't blow me away and make me looking forward to each week. I watch them and don't think about them until the next week. So I gave The Americans a go out of trust in the network. The subject matter really isn't my bag, but they impressed me. Keri Russell is convincing. Matthew Rhys is a quality actor, and if he was better looking, he'd be one of the biggest deals in TV. I like the way they handle most of the arcs, and they don't get bogged down in film-making tech and sensational flash. It's sort of a blue collar program in those respects. I've been watching the re-runs to gear up for season 2, and they've aged well. They're still fun and interesting on the second trip. I definitely couldn't say that about Breaking Bad, and in my mind, Breaking Bad was a better show. I wasn't a Breaking Bad fanatic, so me saying The Americans might prove to be a better show isn't surprising. Anyway, I've been surprised by how satisfying watching season 1 again has been. I hope they don't screw with the chemistry too much in season 2. It would be a shame to fix something that was impressive to start.

I was really looking forward to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Probably the most anticipated show of that period. I barely made it through the first episode, and I could only hack a few minutes of the second episode. The tempo, the cast, the story...I had a difficult time investing in any of it. Maybe it is a generational thing. The feel of it wasn't there for me.

+1. As a huge silver age Marvel man, I expected too much, I guess. I could only make it through the pilot, but only after 3 drinks :p

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
American Pickers. They were down my way, I even know the guy they bought the V-Twin airplane engine from. Yes, he is a character and yes, he wants top dollar for every thing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken