Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Nobert

Practically Family
To those with an interest in the tail end of the "Golden Era," i.e. the early-mid sixties, may I recommend Endeavour. This companion series/prequel to the popular Inspector Morse features the young Endeavour Morse as the Oxford educated, classical-music-loving cryptographer makes his first forays into the Oxford police force. The actor in no way resembles the older Morse, but the stories are great and the Beeb, with its usual attention to period detail, gets everything from the continental "bumfreezer" suits to moderne style bakelite ashtrays.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Chasing Shackleton
Nearly three hours that could have (should have) been edited down to 60-90 minutes. Too much repetition in information and images, and a lot of effort put into dramatizing the re-enactment. This doc fell prey to showmanship and melodrama, and I say that in regard to the editing and making.

Klondike
I don't understand the point of this mini-series at all, and the ending was awful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken