Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Kermez

A-List Customer
SamMarlowPI said:
House M.D....the coolest show and character i've watched in a loooooooooooong time...

My dad and sister loves House, and my wife and son watch it on occasion (and like it), but I just can't get into it myself (him being a medical version of Sherlock Holmes notwithstanding).

Still, it's one of those shows I'm glad is on TV, and hope it continues to be popular and run for quite some time.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
My boyfriend's mom is British and she loves NCIS. We've never seen it and she's always urging us to watch. The USA channel had an NCIS marathon on Sunday... rainy, gray Sunday... so we watched a few of the 2004 episodes before we realized we needed to get outside or become one big lump on the couch. And she was right. We liked it. :)

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Mad Men Season 1 (have now converted roomates), Dollhouse, starting Deadwood again.

Although I heard the other day that The Middleman was coming to DVD and I audibly squealed with excitement.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
A friend loaned me Season 1 of The Mole, which I had on while I conversed with computer folk all day yesterday. Watching Anderson Cooper attempt to be mysterious and slightly menacing is very entertaining. The game itself is so much more complex than the reality games of today (which probably accounts for the fact that it's no longer on the air).

I also watched the President's speech, the Republican rebuttal and all the analysis thereof.

Norumbega

One of the Regulars
I've a new one to add that I finished with breakfast this morning. I think everyone should see it, you won't be disappointed.
It's entitled, "The Dish" (2000) and stars Sam Neill. Here's the story line:

"In the days before the July 19, 1969 space mission that marked humankind's first steps on the moon, NASA was working with a group of Australian technicians who had agreed to rig up a satellite interface. That the Aussies placed the satellite dish smack dab in the middle of an Australian sheep farm in the boondocks town of Parkes was just one of the reasons that NASA was concerned. Based on a true story, The Dish takes a smart, witty, comical look at the differing cultural attitudes between Australia and the U.S. while revisiting one of the greatest events in history.

Cliff Buxton returns to the tracking station in the Australian outback where, in 1969, he was in charge when NASA designated it their main southern hemisphere contact with the first Apollo moon mission. He recalls how town pride, the shaky electricity supply, a worried NASA official, and even romance played a part as tensions mounted with the world depending on them for pictures of the first moon walk."

A very well done movie, and I'm so glad I saw it.

tuppence

Practically Family
BinkieBaumont said:
Here in Australia SBS TV are screening the four part BBC series "The thirties in Colour"

Its on Friday nights at 7.30 pm

It has a lot of amateur home movies of the rich and their travels

Was that part one? I caught a bit of that.
I asked Mojito if she was watching Carsons' Law. They are showing it on our regional channel 9 every Tuesday at around 2am. Unfortunately I have missed alot of it as Master Tommy has already turned bad, I think?

carter

I'll Lock Up
Fletch said:
Spooks, known in the USA as MI5. Nicely plotted spy thriller, tho probably too low-key for 24 fans - no orgasmic violence or scenery-chewing, and most of the dialog is hissed thru clenched teeth.
One of my favorite shows on BBC America and, sometimes, on PBS.

I'm looking forward to Ashes to Ashes which is the follow-up to Life on Mars and has a female protagonist.

Last evening it was Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and The Doll House.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Our PBS channel had a documentary on today, "The Ralph Stanley Story".
Wow, it was good. It included old Super 8 home movies of Ralph and Carter in the late '50's and early '60's, interviews with Earle Scruggs, Dwight Yokam and all The Clinch Mountain Boys.
Ralph had duets with Dwight Yokam, Patty Loveless and there were even film clips of Ricky Skaggs and Keith Whitley in their early duet days.
Not only was the music and information captivating, but the video motages behind "White Dove" and "Will You Miss Me" were truly moving and soulful.
If you see it will be on, I promise you you won't be disappointed.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
The Night James Brown Saved Boston--a documentary about a concert James Brown gave in the aftermath of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s assasination. A bit haigiographic but well worth watching for the commentary and, most of all, the performance footage. I especially enjoyed the befuddlement of public television employees used to airing Olivier in Uncle Vanya having to figure out how to film a James Brown concert in a matter of hours.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
"The Shift" on the ID. Channel.
This is a good series about the Indianapolis Homicide Detective Unit.
I've watched a couple of episodes, its good reality crime action. The "behind the scenes" police work is interesting.

Kermez

A-List Customer
On DVD, as I do every St. Patrick's Day: Columbo:The Conspirators:

Clive Revill is Joe Devlin, famous Irish poet/author who is secretly a fund-raiser and gun-runner for the IRA. When his latest gun supplier tries to double-cross him, he kills the man before he can supply the goods. Now with Columbo hot on his trail, Devlin must find his guns and arrange their purchase and shipment out of the country. In order to prove his case, Columbo must also find the guns. Just when all seems lost, Columbo gets the final piece of the puzzle and moves in for the arrest. This is the last episode of the original Columbo TV series after its seven year run.

The original series goes this far, and no farther.
(Anyone who immediately gets that reference is awesome in my book. ;) )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld