Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Bennarion

Call Me a Cab
I have long had my eye on an Aero Highwayman, but didn't think it would work on this SOF. This Premier Highwayman showed up on TFL classified. Kudos to Mandarin who was a true gentleman to work with, corresponded like a champ and we worked out a deal that worked for us both. This is indeed a great community of enthusiasts. I like the pattern and the horsehide is rich, and has been well broken in, but obviously well cared for. Also, to me interesting is that this jacket was originally a Thurston Brothers Aero jacket and had made its way to France. Thanks to all who have helped this jacket arrive.

View attachment 650238
This jacket fits you perfectly!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Finally, a one star that's wearable. I always loved the bold design but at less than 22" back length for the 42 and hardly any front drop there was no way to wear the jacket casually. Great to see that they've added a couple of inches.

Size looks spot on imo. What a badass jacket, congrats.

View attachment 650216 View attachment 650217

Thanks Marc!

My thoughts exactly. There are very few real-life photos on the web that show jackets that actually work. The ones posted by ButterScotch are among those, which made me reach out to them.
Had it on again this morning for a walk to the bakery in misty, drizzly autumn weather and felt perfectly fine with it.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Great Photos, and such a great city! Edinburgh and vintage workwear just go together like Bavaria and Beer. If you pull it off like you do, of course.

(Let´s all toast to the late Prince Phillip who allegedly once asked an Edinburgh cab driver how he managed to stay sober long enough to pass his driving license...).

Herrvallmo

New in Town
Have a great one all!

PXL_20241028_114138185~2.jpg

zebedee

One Too Many
I have long had my eye on an Aero Highwayman, but didn't think it would work on this SOF. This Premier Highwayman showed up on TFL classified. Kudos to Mandarin who was a true gentleman to work with, corresponded like a champ and we worked out a deal that worked for us both. This is indeed a great community of enthusiasts. I like the pattern and the horsehide is rich, and has been well broken in, but obviously well cared for. Also, to me interesting is that this jacket was originally a Thurston Brothers Aero jacket and had made its way to France. Thanks to all who have helped this jacket arrive.

View attachment 650238
That is a fantastic fit - perfect!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodolfoHor