Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Looks great.
I'm curious about the sizing.
You've slimmed down and the results are noticeable
Yes I have slimmed down, from 184 to current 168. I feel much better at this weight, just healthier. This is marked a 40 and wears a little bigger. The sleeves are narrow so difficult to wear more than a shirt. I plan to wear more vest. I'm probably not a 40, but it wears well. Interesting when I compare it to my original. They are near the same size.
Really nice jacket - a bit contemporary compared to your usual vintage offerings - I like it!
Yes it is. I do have original in this style. I will be comparing them in the future. I've owned a few contemporary jackets and still have a couple.

Terry is that from 58panhead?
Yes.

Man. You look cool. :)
Well, it was sorta cool outside today, so I was indeed cool!

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
IMG_3651.jpeg
IMG_3650.jpeg

Thedi

Trouser Bark

One of the Regulars
I haven't posted in this thread that I recall but I've worn each of these three jackets over the last couple days. Each of these masquerade as motorcycle jackets and that may be true for some but I've ridden from Deadhorse, Alaska to Ushuaia, tiera del fuego, Argentina and most of the way around the world as well and in my view leather m/c jackets are for those that don't ride that much or those that prefer a 'welcome to 1960' solution. Textiles and armor saved my hide and my skeleton on multiple occasions; one of them this year. My tastes are non-standard for this group so today's post will be of jackets that probably no one else on the forum has. Enjoy the tour of another eclectic guy's closet.

The first is a Dainese. I love this jacket and can wear it w/ just about anything and I can walk into an office setting for a business meeting w/ out thinking twice about it. Super soft, it's an unusual jacket for its type and even w/ the armor in the cut and freedom of movement are surprising. Shoulders are only mildly rotated.

(edit: If you look closely you'll notice a feature on this jacket that I don't recall having seen on others. From the armpit to the elbow on the inside portion of the sleeve the leather is perforated. I'm guessing it may work a little better for those worn in hot climes but it doesn't change much of anything for me and aside from occasionally seeing that it's there I don't otherwise notice it).

IMG_7648.jpeg
IMG_7650.jpeg
IMG_7651.jpeg

Last edited:

Trouser Bark

One of the Regulars
The second is one I've had for quite a while but don't wear that often as it's a tad loud and doesn't blend anywhere, ever. The leather is thick and it feels like you're wearing a shell. I wouldn't wear it on a bike but it's a m/c themed jacket that's fun and it's hard to be taken seriously when you're wearing this one. I like it. Wish I could wear it more often but the way I spend much of my time isn't the right setting for a fun and goofy jacket. Not sure who's to blame for that but it's real.

IMG_7652 2.jpeg
img_7653-2-jpeg.645264
IMG_7654.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7653 2.jpeg
    IMG_7653 2.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 59

Trouser Bark

One of the Regulars
And a third jacket for tonight. It's my latest and I just got it from a buddy that takes really good care of his stuff. He's the same guy that also has a Vanson Brando that I wanted to know roughly what it was worth but truth be told I can't wear them. They look perfect on some guys and on me they do not and I'm not sure why. Regardless, the mirror rarely lies. That thread is here:

(edit: ooops): Estimate of Value Please

This jacket is a Ducati Meccanica. I think they were made for one year roughly twenty years ago and despite having rotated sleeves and armor it's a surprisingly comfortable jacket. The kind you find excuses to wear because you just flat like it. I wore it out to dinner tonight and despite being a little bit loud it almost blends once you stop moving. The leather is in the mid-weight range for a jacket of its type. Can't wear it to a business meeting or a high zoot restaurant but just about everywhere else this jacket is just right.

Most of my jackets are a 46US or 56EU. A 44 on me fits like a sausage casing and I'd bet that a 48 would feel like Jesus made it but I don't have a 48 and I'm a little afraid to go up a size for reasons that are probably not completely unfamiliar to the group. The 46's keep me from having that one extra biscuit I don't need.

IMG_7644.jpeg
IMG_7645.jpeg
IMG_7646.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjgs