Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Buick

Familiar Face
I think it's great that they're doing a copy of the Sears jacket. There's nothing wrong with that, it's a great design. It's just the fact that Schott often claims or implies that the designs that they are copying are their own (which is clearly not the case).
Seems to be a common approach with some successful companies, doing a little re-writing of history!

Interestingly, Schott did previously release a limited edition ‘1928’ D-pocket (there’s one on eBay at the moment) and there are quite a few differences with the cut between that one and the 568; the back is much more like the current Perfectos

Attachments

• IMG_5813.jpeg
    IMG_5813.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 149

Buick

Familiar Face
This is the size chart for the Schott 568 if anyone was interested but hesitating about the sizing. Unfortunately, I don‘t think it will work for me but everybody is different!,

Attachments

• IMG_6145.jpeg
    IMG_6145.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 106

Jaymig926

Familiar Face
My measurements are posted a few pages back everything else on Schotts chart seems to match my jacket
I can re measure when I get home this evening

Buick

Familiar Face
My measurements are posted a few pages back everything else on Schotts chart seems to match my jacket
I can re measure when I get home this evening

I have referred back to them several times, thank you! Seems your jacket has wider shoulders and a narrower chest than they are officially advising, and in their description of the jacket they say explicitly that the length of the jacket is 24 inches, which is only true of the small ‍*shrugs*

Jaymig926

Familiar Face
I have referred back to them several times, thank you! Seems your jacket has wider shoulders and a narrower chest than they are officially advising, and in their description of the jacket they say explicitly that the length of the jacket is 24 inches, which is only true of the small ‍*shrugs*
I remeasured all the same but shoulders look more like 18 3/4 not 19

Buick

Familiar Face
******* that’s a chopper right there. Shovel head right? Kickstart and everything. You built it yourself?

It Is indeed a cone shovel of very mixed pedigree. I bought the base bike off a guy who was a talented builder here in the UK. I then spent a year or so collecting parts (like the 70s girder front end) and ideas, and returned the bike to Benny of Boneshaker choppers, and he put it all together. I no longer own this bike and the new owner has changed it all up again, but it had a brief shining moment (7 years or so) And the dogs loved it.

Last edited:

Nacho

Practically Family
It Is indeed a cone shovel of very mixed pedigree. I bought the base bike off a guy who was a talented builder here in the UK. I then spent a year or so collecting parts (like the 70s girder front end) and ideas, and returned the bike to Benny of Boneshaker choppers, and he put it all together. I no longer own this bike and the new owner has changed it all up again, but it had a brief shining moment (7 years or so) And the dogs loved it.

Well, that’s what chopping is about. Putting together a bike that’s uniquely you. I’m just getting started with building bikes, especially Harley, so I’ve been absorbing as much knowledge as possible. I’m eyeing on some early 70s Sporty Ironhead as my first bike. Wish me luck!

Thanks for sharing. One hell of a chopper! Love the paint job on the tank. Neil deGrasse Tyson should ride this bad boy lol :cool:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld