Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

technovox

One Too Many
Wearing a vintage Bates cafe racer...outside my favorite cafe. This Bates has the elbow & shoulder pads, and blue white racing stripes/ varsity stripes.
MG_Ritual_sml.jpg

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I don't always look like a turn of the century train conductor or postman, but when I do, I wear this. LOL. Probably not until November but having just received the tweed vest I gave it a try under the Beach cloth coverall. I like it. Donegal tweed is nice stuff. I'd like to find a blazer in it.
View attachment 135802 View attachment 135803

How great to see something other than leather! I have a Donegal Tweed blazer I found brand newish for $12 at a thrift store a few weeks back. Finds like that make the $1000 custom leather jacket even less desirable.

How great to see something other than leather! I have a Donegal Tweed blazer I found brand newish for $12 at a thrift store a few weeks back. Finds like that make the $1000 custom leather jacket even less desirable.
As much as I love leather, the truth is I don't wear it all that often. I'm more impressed with the tweed than the beach cloth too. The vest is heavy and really put together well. Donegal tweed blazer is my new saved search. Would love one for Fall and I'm sure I'd wear it literally everyday.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As much as I love leather, the truth is I don't wear it all that often. I'm more impressed with the tweed than the beach cloth too. The vest is heavy and really put together well. Donegal tweed blazer is my new saved search. Would love one for Fall and I'm sure I'd wear it literally everyday.

Playing devils advocate but do you think if you tried a lighter hide you might wear it more?

I’m loving Eastman’s (relatively) lighter hides these days with Vicenza being the heaviest!!

Playing devils advocate but do you think if you tried a lighter hide you might wear it more?

I’m loving Eastman’s (relatively) lighter hides these days with Vicenza being the heaviest!!
I doubt it PN. I mean I love wearing the beasts when I can but I find that in most cases, like going to work or diving meets, I just need something a little less ostentatious. I've kept my HB b/c I feel that's the one I can wear the most, just a basic work horse, or work steer if you will. From here on out I think any leather jacket will have to second hand and cheap! I was actually relieved I couldn't figure out how to buy that Kadoya...

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Try Vansons non-biker styles if you feel you don't put on your Steerhide Aeros too often. My Vanson Stadium and Dakota are my most worn jackets these days. Plenty heavy and rugged hide and somehow blend in better, not as ostentatious, and not as absurdely heavy as my Aero HWM and Aero Veste de Rallye in 4 oz plus steerhide. I think I may sell them both actually and use the money to get an Aero Goatskin jacket. There's a HB in goatskin with mouton collar on ebay right now which looks amazing. Unfortunately a size too large for me. I think after 5 years of trying I have found my sweet spot for leather at 3-3,5 oz max. No longer chasing after the 4+ oz.

Peter Bowden

Practically Family

I once thought of having a suit made from Donegal Tweed-Almost as addictive as leather

http://www.murphyofireland.com/tweed-swatches/

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Ton: you might hit up Tweedydon here on the lounge. That’s kinda his gig and his prices always are good. He gets some seriously nice stuff too. Hope that helps.
Bowen

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Try Vansons non-biker styles if you feel you don't put on your Steerhide Aeros too often. My Vanson Stadium and Dakota are my most worn jackets these days. Plenty heavy and rugged hide and somehow blend in better, not as ostentatious, and not as absurdely heavy as my Aero HWM and Aero Veste de Rallye in 4 oz plus steerhide. I think I may sell them both actually and use the money to get an Aero Goatskin jacket. There's a HB in goatskin with mouton collar on ebay right now which looks amazing. Unfortunately a size too large for me. I think after 5 years of trying I have found my sweet spot for leather at 3-3,5 oz max. No longer chasing after the 4+ oz.

I had a chat to Vanson about some non-biker styles in Firenze but even that hide is 3oz thick which is way to much for my needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe