Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

JVanBro

Familiar Face
A short sleeve Henly or Columbia short sleeve Polo Shirt or a mildly decorated Hawaiian button shirt is my go to for when a tee shirt isn't appropriate. And a new pair of jeans. I'm semi retired I'm not dressing up more than that for anything haha.

JVanBro

Familiar Face
I'm on the hunt for a thin but well made moto/cafe style jacket to wear for dressier outings. There are some great examples here.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Levi's Line 8 Jacket
elhx9XQh.jpg
IUrN4Hfh.jpg

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was just thinking that horizontally striped shirts have been a long and varied tradition of leather wearers for years. First one I can think of is Lee Marvin in "The Wild One," then (my personal favorites) Erik Von Zipper and the Rats in the Beach Party movies, and then it was Andy Warhol's daily uniform for years (he got it from the Velvet Underground).

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I was just thinking that horizontally striped shirts have been a long and varied tradition of leather wearers for years. First one I can think of is Lee Marvin in "The Wild One," then (my personal favorites) Erik Von Zipper and the Rats in the Beach Party movies, and then it was Andy Warhol's daily uniform for years (he got it from the Velvet Underground).

Funny you guys are mentioning striped shirts. I'm wearing a b/w striped "sailor's" shirt from Croatia. They do indeed go really well with jackets.

plainsman

Familiar Face
Armorlux or St. James striped sailor shirts. Someone just mentioned them in a forum in the Hats section because there's a sale going on at a store in Belgium. They look particularly good with leather jackets. I wear them instead of t-shirts.

It was originally part of French Navy uniform for sailors, before becoming fashion (a bit like the white tshirt from the US Army)

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Nice jacket and nice job from Diamond Dave. Enjoy (despite the warmth, ... but air conditioning can help)
Thank you Sir, dave did a really nice job on this one, I couldn't be more pleased. It needs to settle a bit and conform to my shape, and I have been doing a little couch wearing to get things moving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken