Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And here I thought Vanson was supposed to be somehow inferior to other makers.....

tbt.gif

2235108718_a5d33dbf6d.jpg

As requested (I think most of these are scattered around TFL):

IMG_0424.jpg IMG_0425.jpg IMG_0426.jpg IMG_0428.jpg IMG_0429.jpg IMG_0430.jpg Oct.jpg OCt2.jpg

Man, that jacket has some very nice well constructed and elaborate features. You should put front and back photos together in a thread. If you have already, I somehow must have missed them.

I certainly don't put Vanson in an inferior category, but value how they are constructed more specifically for the MC rider compared to some other MC appearing jackets that really are not, although custom or long sizing is limited. I have a Vanson that is my main riding jacket that some how fits my long arms where some other Vanson styles were a bit too short for my style of riding.
HD

Attachments

• IMG_0427.jpg
    IMG_0427.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 228

dannyk

One Too Many
@JMax im sure I asked you before or you’ve posted it somewhere on TFL, where did you get that Chopper. Was it directly through Vanson?

dannyk

One Too Many
@JMax im sure I asked you before or you’ve posted it somewhere on TFL, where did you get that Chopper. Was it directly through Vanson?

Its a collaboration between Vanson and Paul Cox. I impulsively ordered through Paul Cox's website during a late night vodka binge. The next day I called a bud at Vanson to tweak it (chest size, arm length, stitching used, two-way zip install, etc.) to make sure it was GTG.

Hey you’re not @JMax !! But for real thanks, and hey 975 for such a beauty! Now that’s a collaboration that might be under priced ha. In reality it’s probably spot on.

Yes, the small changes I made had a very small up charge. Very small. This is roughly where I think their collabs should be price wise, no doubt.

View attachment 147284 View attachment 147286 View attachment 147287 View attachment 147288 Greetings All:
Today...trying to pick which one of two of these to keep for the Cal Leather Club. Right JMax??
They both fit ok just one was my first. You always remember your first!
Cal Leather
Be well. Bowen
Ps: thank you all for the kind words of late. I appreciate them all.

The CL bug is still coursing through me ADDH! You selling one?

Btw, I looked at the CL mouton collars I had, hoping to send you one, but only one actually fits my LAPDs. The others don't quite fit so they must have come off some sort of custom CL job. Oh well, I took a chance on the bay with little risk.

dannyk

One Too Many
Its a collaboration between Vanson and Paul Cox. I impulsively ordered through Paul Cox's website during a late night vodka binge. The next day I called a bud at Vanson to tweak it (chest size, arm length, stitching used, two-way zip install, etc.) to make sure it was GTG.
Most of those tweaks wouldnt be visible to the naked eye, except maybe stitching what did you change on that?
YES..the price is sure right for all that you get with that Vanson, for sure.
Yup! All things considered you can get a stock Chopper direct from Vanson for 849, the Thurston stock Chopper for 899.99 or the Union Garage Chopper for 950. @JMax 's is by far and away the absolute meanest and most beautiful out of the lot. So really its a steal for that price.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
The CL bug is still coursing through me ADDH! You selling one?

Btw, I looked at the CL mouton collars I had, hoping to send you one, but only one actually fits my LAPDs. The others don't quite fit so they must have come off some sort of custom CL job. Oh well, I took a chance on the bay with little risk.
Ha ha ha yeah, know what ya mean!
Thanks for checking on the collars. I have one i might swap over but it’s from a brown CL beauty queen. Might look weird idk. Somehow ended up with 4, only need 1...err...2...err... lol. So idk. Love the Vanson man. Might have to frame those pics and hang em on the wall of fame.
Be well.
B

Most of those tweaks wouldnt be visible to the naked eye, except maybe stitching what did you change on that?

Yup! All things considered you can get a stock Chopper direct from Vanson for 849, the Thurston stock Chopper for 899.99 or the Union Garage Chopper for 950. @JMax 's is by far and away the absolute meanest and most beautiful out of the lot. So really its a steal for that price.

Just chose a stitch color that was less obvious. Sometimes I wish I would have left the more contrasting stitch but most of time I am good with a slightly more discreet stitch.

Rosecitymike

One of the Regulars
00429971-EAC3-4A23-8528-EC4271085189.jpeg

Sorry for the crappy phone pic. Frobisher arrived yesterday! Love this jacket and am looking forward to breaking it in. Most pleasant surprise is the depth of color on the dark brown Shinki—lots of mahogany undertones that I’m sure will only get better with age.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken